Chapter 56

A few hours after Lily left Hagrid's hut, she sits out on the lawn her back leaning against a rock by the whomping willow, enjoying the sunset, finding the peace and quiet relaxing whilst the cool breeze flows through her hair

A few hours after Lily left Hagrid's hut, she sits out on the lawn her back leaning against a rock by the whomping willow, enjoying the sunset, finding the peace and quiet relaxing whilst the cool breeze flows through her hair. She's wearing a red and white plaid shirt, white high tops and navy jeans. She watches as the bottom of the sun goes down past the top of the trees of the forbidden forest. Yet to the right of her, all she can hear is whispered yelling and by the time she turns her head to the noise, she finds Ron on the floor cradling his pocket whilst Hermione and Harry stood a few feet away from him.

However, before Lily could say anything to the trio, the sound of soft pounding of gigantic paws can be heard and a few seconds later, an enormous, pale-eyed, jet-black dog comes into view. A very familiar dog that Lily knows.

Ron gets onto his feet as the dog springs at them, pushing Harry aside; the dog's jaws fastens around Ron's outstretched arm. "Ron!" Lily yells getting up from where she's sat. The dog begins to pull Ron away quickly towards the willow tree, causing Lily to chase after them. She sides through the now open hole after the dog and Ron. She takes out her wand after getting up after the slope before flicking her wand and it lighting up. She begins to make her way down the tunnel, the dog quite far ahead. Lily tries her hardest to try and remember where she's seen the dog before but before long, she comes to a now open door, blood along the carpet leading to the bed. She makes her way through the door to find Ron laying on the floor causing her to rush over to him. "Ron? Are you okay?" Lily asks but before Ron could even get a whimper out she hears the door shut. She turns her head slightly to find a slightly rugged man with long hair and dirty clothing stood there. And that's when it hits her. All those memories of the dog and the best friend to her dad was Sirius Black. And here he is, looking worse than ever. "Sirius," Lily breathes out.

"Princess. How lovely it is to see you again," Sirius says causing Lily to smile. It's been a long while since she's heard someone say that to her. "Your friend over there has something I want."

"What? What could you want from Ron? There's nothing special about him," Lily denies but before anyone could say anything again, the door is kicked open yet again and Hermione and Harry rush into the room. Lily gets up and sits on the bed, out of the way from the two so they can see their friend. "Ron – are you okay?" Harry asks.

"Where's the dog?" Hermione asks.

"Not a dog," Ron moans. His teeth gritting with pain. Harry, it's a trap –"

"What-"

"He's the dog... he's the Animagus. And Lily knows him," Ron says pointing at her. Harry looks up at his older sister with a hint of disappointment.

"Expelliarmus," Sirius croaks out, Harry and Hermione's wands flying out of their hands. "I thought you'd come and help your friend. Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful... it will make everything much easier..."