Chapter 48

Dumbledore ended up postponing their meeting until Saturday morning, meaning that both herself and Dumbledoer would miss part of the Quidditch match, but she didn't seem to mind as she wants to know how she knows Sirius

Lily sits up in Dumbledore's office, Dumbledore stood in front of her. "Right, Lily. Sit still. I'm going to do something but it's not going to be painful." Dumbledore tells her, but for some reason, it's not very reassurin for Lily. Yet she just nods her head before letting her head go stiff. Dumbledore lifts his wand up to her head before pulling a long silver thread of something out of her head, which she can only think is a memory of something. It clings to the wand tip, getting longer and longer until it breaks away. It breaks and swings, silvery, bright from the wand. "Alright, Miss Potter. When I put this in water, I want you to put your head in and I will follow you after. Now, I must warn you, you cannot do anything in this. No one will be able to hear you other than me and you cannot change anything. This is a memory. And we should hopefully find out how you know Mr Black," Dumbledore says before dropping the silver thread into the water. "After you, Miss Potter."

Lily looks at the water, suspicious, looking at Dumbledore seeing him nod his head before she puts her head into the bowl.

***

I stare at the scene in front of me.

I'm stand back in my childhood home in Godric's Hollow. Mum and I had just walked through the door to find dad and baby Harry in the living room. "Thank merlin. I was wondering why it was so quiet in here. For a second I thought that you'd lost Harry." mum tells dad.

"Don't worry. I'm not that bad of a father. Although, Sirius did come around whilst you two were out and I thought he had kidnapped Harry." dad tells her.

"Oh god. Where is he?" mum complains.

"Uncle Paddy!" Lily smiles.

"Paddy? Who's Paddy?" I ask myself.

Just then, someone apparated into the room. "Hello, Potters. Little Prongs. Little flower." I hear someone say. "Uncle Paddy!" Lily yells, running from her mum and into a different room for her to come back in a few seconds later but this time, is being carried by none other, Sirius Black.

"Professor? Why's Sirius Black in our living room?" I ask Dumbledore.

"Well, your father and Sirius were quite the troublemakers when they were at Hogwarts and they've been best mates ever since." Dumbledore says.

"Sirius! What have I told you. Don't apperate away from me. You've got work!" I hear a familiar voice yell. And the next person she sees walk into the room in Lupin.

"Uncle Remus?" I ask myself quietly, watching the scene play out in front of me.

"Oh. Thanks Remus. Honey, can you take Harry. Sirius and I have got to get to work. Well, I've got to get to work whilst also dragging Sirius there." dad tells Lily, handing mum Harry before he walks over to Sirius. "Come on mate." dad says before grabbing Sirius' arm and apperating out of the room with him."