Chapter 72

Despite her mental breakdown the night of Fred asking her out to the Yule Ball, nothing seemed to change between Fred and Lily but two weeks later the Christmas holidays begins and everyone who is going hope, goes home and those staying at Hogwart...

Despite her mental breakdown the night of Fred asking her out to the Yule Ball, nothing seemed to change between Fred and Lily but two weeks later the Christmas holidays begins and everyone who is going hope, goes home and those staying at Hogwarts, stay. And for Lily, as the snow begins to fall on the castle grounds, she begins to get even more excited for the Yule Ball. So, when Christmas Day arrives, Lily hurriedly gets out of bed before grabbing her presents and running into the boys dormitories and landing herself on the end of Fred's bed and putting her presents in front of her. This year, Lily seems to have gotten a few new sets of earrings from Angelina; her favourite sweets from Lee and Goerge; the usual sweater from Mrs Weasley; a few new books that she's been eyeing up for weeks from Fred; and from Lupin, she finds a letter. "Just a letter," Lily whispers. "Nothing too bad. At least he didn't forget to get Christmas."

"Just read it Lils," Angelina tells Lily, making Lily sigh.

"Okay," Lily whispers before opening the letter and reading it out.

"Dear Lily,

Happy Christmas.

I know you might be a bit disappointed because you can't see any present from me, but that's not true. You're Christmas present from me has been kept safe with Miss Johnson since your last trip to Hogsmeade. I had asked her to meet me near the Shreiking Shack so that I could give her the present. Now, I won't say what it is because knowing you, you're probably reading this aloud around Fred, George and Lee and they'll want to see it, but just know, your mother had asked me to keep this safe for if anything would happen to you, she would want you to have it on your first ball, or on a very special occasion.

I would also like to say that I have enjoyed watching you grow up these past seventeen years and I can't believe how much of a young woman you have become. You are more and more like your mother every time I see you and I had always thought that you deserved something worth that. So Happy Christmas.

Love,

Your Uncle Moony.

P.S. Angelina won't give you your present until you start getting dressed for the Yule Ball," Lily reads out before turning to her best friend. "You bitch!" she yells, throwing a pillow at her head.

"Hey! Not my fault. Your uncle just wants to do something special for you. And you will really like your present. I promise you," Angelina tells her making Lily shake her head.

"You really are a bitch and you know it. But I also love you for it because you do amazing things like this some of the time," Lily says before getting up and pulling her into a hug.

"I know. But we'd better go and get dressed before heading down to breakfast," Angelina tells her before they grab their presents and begin walking out of the boy's room and back to theirs.

***

"So, you're not going to give me any hints at all?" Lily asks as Angelina shakes her head.

"Not a one. But you're gonna love it," Angelina tells her but suddenly, both of them are hit in the face with a snowball making them look over at Fred, George, Harry and Ron to see them all there, laughing at the two. "They're so dead," Angelina whispers to Lily before the two slowly begin walking towards the boys making them turn to each other.