Chapter 30

I sit in the common room at the desk in the corner with my parchment, quill and ink sat on the table as I sit there, trying to think of what to write for the 'poem on Gilderoy Lockhart's defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf

I sit in the common room at the desk in the corner with my parchment, quill and ink sat on the table as I sit there, trying to think of what to write for the 'poem on Gilderoy Lockhart's defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf. I mean, I can't say anything truthful because I know that he didn't defeat them so I know I have to lie. I sigh after a moment before beginning to write.

Gilderoy Lockhart,

a man so brave and bold.

Fought off a werewolf,

before his tea got cold.

He battled so gallantly,

his wand at the ready.

He made that beast,

look like a giant fluffy teddy.

The werewolf clawed and scratched,

and roared with such a rage.

But you can read all about that,

on the 96th page.

He wins awards and defeats evil,

without even trying.

He's sent more than one dark wizard,

back to their mummy, crying.

He can do no wrong,

oh, Lockhart, you're so great!

Your hair is wavy and eyes so blue,

there's nothing there to hate.

This is where I end this thing,

I hope it makes you smile.

You're my hero and my friend.

the winner by a mile.

I scoff in disgust as I finish this. This is something that I didn't want to do on my birthday. I write my name at the bottom of the parchment before putting the lid on the inkpot and rolling the parchment up before putting everything away and heading up to the girl's dormitories to put my things away.

Heading back down to the common room, I stand on the stairs looking at Fred, George, Lee and Angelina to see that they're all stood by the stairs, with presents in their hands. "What's all this?" I ask them, walking over to them before we walk to the sofa.

"Well, it's your birthday, silly. So, we've got presents, of course." Angelina tells me, making me shake my head.

"But..." I begin.

"Ah. No buts. You're taking these." Ange cuts me off. Sighing, I take the presents from the four of them before putting them on my lap and looking at them all to see them staring at me in anticipation. "Alright. Alright. I'll open them. Godric." I say, muttering the last part to myself. I grab the one that is closest to me to see Angelina's face light up. "And, I'm guessing this one was yours, right?" I ask her, causing her to nod her head. I shake my head at her before unwrapping it to find a few new nightdresses neatly folded together. I unfold them slightly to get a better look at them to see them but I hear something drop onto the floor to see a bookmark laying there. "Uh... you said earlier this month that you wanted a new bookmark and some new nightdresses." she tells me, making me laugh slightly, nodding my head. "Ange, I remember. Don't worry." I tell her, making her not worry too much. "And I love them, thank you."

She hands me the bookmark after she hands it to me before I put nightdresses and bookmark to the side before grabbing the present next to it to see Lee grinning like an idiot. "And this one is from you, Lee. Thanks." I say before opening it to see lots of Honeyduke sweets. "I didn't know what you wanted for your birthday so I just got you a bunch of your favourite sweets." he tells me, making me nod my head.

"Well, I'm not going to eat all of them to myself so you lot can grab the ones you want now before I have the rest soon." I tell them before they all reach forwards and grab handfuls of sweets before they look at me whilst having some in their mouths. "Now, that's better." I say before putting the package to the side. I grab a package that I put on the left side of the other package. "And by the look of this wrapping, this is from George, right?" I ask him, making George nod his head. "Yep." he tells me, making me smile before opening it. A pile of books sit on my lap as I smile up at George. "Thanks, George." I smile at him before he bows his head down making the rest of us laugh. "You're welcome, your highness." George mocks, making us laugh even more. "Why thank you, peasant George." I tell him, smiling before putting the books to the side and picking up the last present. "And this one must be from Fred." I say before beginning to open it.

"Um... yeah... well, I don't think that it will beat any of the others so..." he says as I finish opening it and I look at Fred in shock. "You didn't, did you? Please tell me you didn't?" I ask Fred as everyone looks at me in shock.

"I'm sorry, but, what are you talking about?" Lee, George and Angelina ask me and I look at the three of them. "When Fred and I were walking around Hogsmeade last weekend whilst you three were off on your own getting my presents, Fred and I walked past Gladrags Wizardwear and in the window, there was this most beautiful bracelet. And I said to Fred that I wanted it so much but I wasn't allowed to buy jewellery with my money because as it is my birthday soon, I couldn't get anything." I tell them. I look down at the box in my hand before opening it to see the pink tourmaline bracelet sat there. I look up at Fred as a tear rolls down my face.

 I look up at Fred as a tear rolls down my face

"Fred. I love it." I tell him, smiling, which causes Fred to smile back at me. I take it out of the box before unclasping it. "Can you put it on me?" I ask him, holding it out and showing my right wrist. Fred takes the bracelet from me before putting it around my wrist and clasping it together. Fred looks at me as I look him in the eyes. We stare at each other for a few seconds before I tilt my head down. "Uh... thanks, Fred." I say before taking my wrist from his hand. "And thank you for all of these presents. I'm gonna go and put these upstairs. Uh... Ange... a little help." I say, picking up the package of sweets and books as Angelina picks up the nightdresses and the bookmark before we both run-up to the 4th year girl's dormitories. "What was that all about?" Ange asks me as she shuts the door and I sit on my bed, after putting everything on the top of my trunk. "I don't know. I guess we got caught up in the moment." I tell her, sighing.

"Well, you had better sort this out because it's pretty awkward for Lee, George and I to watch." she tells me, making me groan and lay back on my bed.

"Uh. Well, I'm trying here but every time I look at Fred, I... I don't know. I get all flustered, I guess and I can't look away from him." I complain as Ange comes over to me.

"Well, you had better sort it out. Now, come on. Let's go back down to the boys so that you can have a great rest of your birthday." she tells me, making me smile slightly before I get off the bed and we walk out of the dormitory and back down to the boys.

" she tells me, making me smile slightly before I get off the bed and we walk out of the dormitory and back down to the boys