Chapter 53

Safe to say that Lily didn't sleep that night and neither did anyone else in Gryffindor

Safe to say that Lily didn't sleep that night and neither did anyone else in Gryffindor. Lily ended up reading in the space of Fred and ended up resting her head on his shoulder from how tired she is. However, she couldn't shake the feeling that she felt when she woke up which was that someone had been watching her. She decides that she ought to tell Professor McGonagall before Transfiguration the next morning.

***

Security around the castle has now been tightened; Professor Flitwick could be seen teaching the front doors to recognise a large picture of Sirius Black; Filch is suddenly bustling up and down the corridors, boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. Sir Cadogan has now been fired. His portrait has been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady is back.

However, the one thing that Lily has found is that people seem to be following Harry from one lesson to another to make sure that nothing bad happens to him. Yet Lily finds it ridiculous. Harry always walks with Hermione and Ron to lesson so there shouldn't 't be any need for all this extra protection for Harry yet they're doing it anyway.

Speaking of Hermione, ever since Lily had a stern talking to with Harry and Ron, the two of them have gotten closer than ever which is a good thing because it means that she has someone to talk to about all the shit going on in her life eg her starting to like Fred, the stuff going on with Sirius and her Uncle because Hermione knows about Lupin being a werewolf and such. Yet, that day, Harry and Ron seem to be a bit fed up when they enter the common room later that day. Seems as if Hagrid talked to them about Hermione.

***

Fred, George, Lee, Angelina, Lily and Hermione walk around Hogsmede the next weekend together. Lily has sort of just adopted Hermione into their group until Harry and Ron come to the realisation that they're stupid and take her back. "So, Miss Granger. Where would you like to go first? Fred, George and Lee will leave us-"

"See you girls. We're going to Zonko's to stock up more joke supplies." Fred says cutting Lily off. And with this he, Geroge and Lee walk away from the girls causing Lily to roll her eyes at the boys.

"right now. Well, where to?" Lily finishes her question.

"I'd quite like to go to The Three Broomsticks. I wasn't allowed in at Christmas but I'd really like a Butterbeer." Hermione says, making Lily nod her head.

"Alright. To the Three Broomsticks it is," Lily says, dragging Angelina with her and Hermione.

"We're going to Gladrags Wizardwear after this Lily. We both know that we need more everyday clothes. Especially you because you need something nice for Fred ," Angelina sings.

"Angie, for the last time. I don't like Fred," Lily huffs.

"I'd beg to differ," Hermione whispers.

"And you can shut it, Miss Granger," Lily says, pointing her finger at the girl causing Angelina and Hermione to laugh.