Chapter 62

When Lily takes the following morning, she finds that she still is lacking energy

When Lily takes the following morning, she finds that she still is lacking energy. She has woken before most people and even though she is still tired and sleep is trying to push through her and get her to go back to sleep, she's pushing past it and getting out of bed and getting dressed.

She changes into a pair of black jeans, a white top and one of Fred's jumpers. A pair of black converse sit on her feet as well and even though its summer, it's cold so she puts one of her red scarves around her neck to help try and keep her warm.

"Morning Mr and Mrs Weasley," Lily says walking downstairs to see Mr and Mrs Weasley in the kitchen.

"Morning Lily," Mrs Weasley says. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good. But I'm still tired," Lily says trying to stifle a yawn.

"Well, you go and sit down whilst I go and get everyone else up and then I'll put breakfast out," Mrs Weasley says making Lily nod her head and sit down at the table.

A few minutes later, Mrs Weasley walks back downstairs before heading into the kitchen and serving Lily some food. "There you go, Lily. Eat up. You're going to need the energy this morning," Mrs Weasley tells her, placing a bowl of porridge in front of her.

***

"Where's Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" George asks, failing to stifle a huge yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" Mrs Weasley asks, heaving the rest of the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. Lily still has some in her bowl even from her just picking at it.

"So they're still in bed?" Fred asks, pulling his bowl of porridge towards him. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," snaps Mrs Weasley. "And where have those girls got to?"

Mrs Weasley bustles out of the kitchen and they hear her climbing the stairs. Lily turns her head away from the stairs after watching Mrs Weasley disappear up them to see Fred looking at her. "What?" she asks with a slight laugh.

"Isn't that one of my jumpers?" he asks quietly.

"Yes. And? It's comfy," Lily says, pulling the sleeves further down her arms so the ends cover her hands.

"When did you take that?" he asks slightly shocked but to him, he thought she looks cute in his things.

"Last week when you gave it to me because when you lot were up the hill practising Quidditch, you gave it to me because I got a bit chilly because of the wind," Lily tells him.

"Oh yeah," Fred says smiling.

"But Bill and Charlie and Percy can all do it?" Harry asks.

"Charlie had to take the test twice," Fred says grinning. "He failed the first time, Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on the top of some poor old dear doing her shopping, remember?"