Chapter 79

12 Grimhauld Place

12 Grimhauld Place. The home of the Noble House of Black. The current residence of Sirius Black and the Order of the Phoenix.

Three weeks into the summer holidays did the Weasley clan, Lily Potter and Hermione Granger move into the house.

Two weeks of continuous cleaning to make sure they don't get killed whilst eating or whilst they sleep.

Throughout these two weeks of being at Grimhauld Place, however, Lily has found there are meetings that happen in the kitchen, which they aren't allowed to listen to, yet Fred and George had created extendable ears so that they could overhear the meetings.

***

August slowly rolls in and Fred, George and Lily stand at the top of the stairs, watching as members of the Order of the Phoenix leave the house, going to collect Harry due to Harry being expelled for using the Patronus charm to protect himself and Dudley.

"Get back to your rooms, you three!" Mrs Weasley yells, looking up at the three. Their eyes widen before they run from the corridor and into Fred and George's room.

"It's so unfair that mum won't allow us be apart of the Order," George complains, dropping on his bed.

"Tell me about it. I ended up arguing with Uncle Remus the other day because he wouldn't allow me to join and help protect Harry. I mean, having three members of the Order of the Phoenix being school students would be a good thing because they would be there to continuously look over Harry and make sure nothing happens to him," Lily explains.

"Thank you. See. Even Lily thinks it would be a good idea for us to be apart of the Order," George points out.

"But I can bet you one thing, as soon as Harry gets here, Sirius will tell him everything that we're not allowed to know, even though we do know," Lily complains.

***

Fred, George and Lily apparate into Ron and Harry's room. "Harry," Lily smiles.

"Thought we heard your dulcet tones," Fred tells him.

"Don't bottle it up, though, mate. Let it out," George says.

"Now, if you're all done shouting, would you lot want to hear something a little more interesting?" Lily questions.

The group makes their way out of the bedroom, George having grabbed the extendable ears. The ears lower itself down, allowing them to hear into the kitchen.

"If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry," Sirius argues. "If it wasn't for Harry... we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back. He's not a child Molly."

"He's not an adult either," Molly fires back. "He's not James, Sirius."

"Well, he's not your son."

"He's as good as."

"Who else has he got?"

"How touchingly parental, Black," Snape comments. "Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather."