Chapter 81

The rest of the day flies past for Lily a bit too quickly

The rest of the day flies past for Lily a bit too quickly. Yet as she walks besides Fred and George through the train station towards the wall. "I wonder what Lee and Angelina have been up to this summer?" George questions.

"I know. It's been hard not being able to send them any letters this summer. And Merlin only knows what Angelina and Lee are going to say when we see them on the train," Lily sighs.

"Hey," Fred whispers, stopping the two of them for the moment. "Lils. Breathe. There's no need to stress. I mean, yes, we're in our final year at school but that shouldn't mean that you should worry about anything..."

"Fred. This isn't helping," Lily tells him, placing her hands on his arms.

"Right. Sorry. I guess I'm just trying to say that you shouldenjoy your last year without stressing too much. Please. I don't want to worry about you all year."

"Thank you, Fred," Lily whispers, standing on her tip toes and pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"You are very welcome. Now let's go and catch up George. He's bound to have found us a seat on the train already," Fred tells her before beginning to walk off.

"Fred. You know I have to go and wait at the front of the train for all the prefects so that I can give them their duties for the train," Lily reminds him.

"Seriously?" he questions, having turned around so he was leaning on his trolly.

"Hey. I'm not happy about this either. I'd rather spend entire train ride with the four of you but I have things to do. But I promise, I will be with you within the first thirty minutes after the train has moved off," Lily tells him.

"Fine," Fred sighs, a frown apparent on his face.

"Oh, don't make that face," Lily frowns, walking over to Fred and placing her hands on his chest. "It's not that bad. Besides, it's only half an hour. No the rest of your life."

"Ha ha. Very funny. I'll see you in thirty minutes," Fred says before walking off with his trolly.

***

Lily had stuck by her word and not even half an hour had gone by when she had gotten to the compartment that the rest of the group was in. And yet, as soon as she got there, Angelina and Lee, like she said, had told her off for not sending any letters and without a valid explanation as to why she hadn't, they stil brushed it off as they couldn't stand being mad at their friend.

By the time, the five of them had gotten to the top of the school and into the Great Hall, Lily couldn't but help feel at home once again. Truth be told, Lily has three places she calls home. Hogwarts, the house up north she lives in with Uncle Lupin, Hogwarts and the Burrow. Yet for Lily, she knows that wherever Fred is, she knows that she can call it home. And although she hasn't admitted that out loud, she knows.

As Lily looks towards the teacher's table, she notices the usual teachers; Professor Snape, Professor Flitwick, Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore, Professor Sprout, Madam Hooch and others. Yet, she notices a short lady, sat next to Professor Snape, dressed in bright pink outfit. She couldn't help but cringe at the amount of pink. She could also see that Hagrid's seat was empty. She knew that he was away on a mission for Dumbledore but she had expected that he would be back in time for the school year.