Chapter 7

Harry's P.O.V:

I sit at the Gryffindor table with Ron before I see someone walking up to me holding a letter out to me. "Harry, Lily wanted me to give this to you," the dude tells me before I grab the letter from the boy before he walks off. I look at Ron confused but he just shrugs his shoulders and I open the letter.

Dear Harry,

I'm sorry about what happened yesterday but I couldn't tell you what I'm about to tell you without bursting out into tears. I had one of my friends hand you the letter because of two things. One, I couldn't stand handing it to you, sitting back down with my friends and then seeing the expression on your face. Two, I would actually be hiding by the time you read this so, I couldn't give it to you and then hide because you would find me too easily.

So, yesterday when I told you that story about the 31st October 1981, I couldn't bring myself to tell you what I've been trying to tell you for the past few days. Along with that, I didn't want to burst into tears when I told you this any my friend Angelina told me this was the best logical reason to do it meaning that I won't have to physically tell you this but you are reading this instead. I thought it was quite logical of her to think of this and I agreed so I decided to write you this.

Before I tell you what I wanted to tell you, let me tell you the story again if you have already forgotten. Well, it all started on October 31st, 1981, my birthday. My uncle, who's my guardian now, came around to take me to trick or treating that night. When we got back to the house, it was completely ruined. I ran into the house to see dad laying on the floor, dead but since I was only three, I was thinking that he was playing a game and the thing goes for mum. The only person that was actually alive in the house was a little boy, the age of only a year old, crying at the sight of him mother. That little boy had now a permanent scar on the right side of his forehead.

Now, if you want to tell Ron this, then by all means do but if Fred and George actually did what they were told when I told them, then hopefully Ron won't know this but...........

.......... You're my brother Harry.

I know this will be a shock to you but I promise you that I didn't actually want to leave you but it was for your protection. I was told that you had been removed from the broken house by Rubeus Hagrid, a dear friend of mine who told me about what happened when he came to collect you, during lunch when I went to see him. Anyways, I was told that you were put under the protection of Vernon and Petunia Dursley, Petunia was mum's sister but they drifted apart from what I remember what she told me. Now, please don't get mad at me because I wasn't there for you, believe me, I wanted to be there for you when started growing, said your first word, started walking and everything like that, I wanted to be there for you when that happened but I couldn't because as Uncle Remus put it, it was for your protection and if you found out that you had a sister before you got to Hogwarts, then you would want to come and live with me. Now, I know you will be thinking, 'damn well I would want to live with you' you can't. You are under the protection of Vernon and Petunia until you are seventeen and then, just then will you be able to leave the protection of them and come to live with me and Uncle Remus, unless we're dead but that's highly doubtful.

Anyways, I'll see you when I see you.

Your sister,

Lilith Elizabeth 'Lily' Potter

I hand Ron the letter and when I see him look at me, his face looks just as shocked as mine. So I look up and down the table to see if I can find Lily but I can't see her but before I could get up to find her, the bell groan and I see people getting up from the tables and walking out of the hall. I sigh before walking out of the hall with Ron.

Lily's P.O.V:

I watch as Harry leaves the Great Hall with Ron so I walk back into the Great Hall and over to Fred, George, Lee and Angelina but I immediately look at Lee. "Did you give it to him?" I ask Lee and he nods his head. I sigh in relief and look at them all. "Now all I have to do is avoid Harry for the rest of the day and then I'll be ok."

They all shake their heads before Fred and George sling their arms around my neck. "Come on, let's get to class," I tell them before we all walk out of the Great Hall.

Dumbledore's P.O.V:

"Those two are definitely getting together, Minerva," I tell her and she chuckles.

"Ok. Are you willing to bet on it?" she asks me and I smile.

"Of course. Say, five galleons?" I ask her.

"I'll say ten galleons they won't get together within the next two years," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Ten galleons that they will get together within the next two years," I tell her and I stick my hand out to her, looking at her through my half-moon glasses.

"It's a bet," she tells me before shaking my hand.

*************

Sorry for the jump in Point of Views but I kinda had to for the plot of this chapter.