Chapter 54

The next few days for Lily had been very stressful

The next few days for Lily had been very stressful. Not only has she been helping Hermione with all of her homework which has been piling up from all the classes she's taking, Lily's also kind of ignored her uncle's advice and has just been spending all the time she's not helping Hermione or in lesson, she's sat in the library revising. And that's exactly where Fred finds her after potions class. Her head resting on her arms which is on top of her potions book. Her hair lays down covering her arm and head slightly.

Fred slowly walks over to her, crouching next to her face seeing her face relaxed in her sleep and it's the first time in a while that he's seen her this at peace, even when she is awake. He places a hand on her shoulder, shaking it and rubbing it slowly to wake her up. "Wh... what's going on?" Lily asks, waking up from her nap slightly and finding Fred in front of her. "Hi," she whispers, smiling at the sight in front of her.

"Hi," Fred whispers back. They stare at each other for a few more seconds before Lily's eyes go wide and she sits up.

"What lesson have we got? Oh god, I'm going to be in so much trouble," Lily panics, packing away her things quickly, not really caring about how they'll look when she gets it out of her satchel.

"Potions –" Fred begins before getting cut off again.

"Potions? Really?" she asks, running her hands through her hair. "Oh god. Snape's going to kill me tomorrow. I've got to go and apologise."

She gets up out of the chair quickly, running out of the library. Fred groans, tilting his head back before running after her. She catches her just past the Great Hall, running down a corridor heading towards the stairs down to the dungeons where the potions classrooms are situated. "Woah. Hey. Lily," Fred says, grabbing onto her shoulders and turning her around. "It's alright. Snape didn't really care. You're his best student and he didn't care about you not turning up to one lesson. And we were only covering stuff you've nailed already."

"But-"

"Hey. It's okay. You're stressed about the exams next month but there's nothing to worry about. You'll ace all of these exams, coming out with Outstandings in all of the subjects." Fred says cutting her off. Lily lets out a sigh, walks forwards a couple of steps and burying her face in Fred's chest and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Thank you," Lily whispers as Fred wraps his arms around her, looking down at her and kissing her head and breathing in the smell of lilies.

After a while, Fred pulls away from Lily suddenly. "Hey. Come with me," Fred says, grabbing onto Lily's hand and heading back down the corridor and outside.

"Fred, where are we going?" Lily asks, slightly annoyed that she doesn't hand a choice because Fred's literally dragging her down the lawn now.

"To the black lake. You need to relax and the best way for you to do that is for you to enjoy the fresh air. Besides, it can be our special place." Fred tells her, causing her to smile.