Chapter 47

Professor Dumbledore has sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they are joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all look extremely confused

Professor Dumbledore has sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they are joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all look extremely confused. "The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle." Professor Dumbledore tells everyone as Professor McGonagall and Flitwick close all the doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately." Dumbledore says. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore pauses, about to leave the hall, and says, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..." and with one casual wave of his wand and the long tables fly to the edges of the hall and stand themselves against the walls; another wave and the floor is covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags. "Sleep well." Dumbledore says, closing the door behind him.

The hall immediately begins to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors are telling the rest of the school what has just happened.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouts Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"Come here." Fred whispers to Lily, who is currently standing next to Fred, shaking with fear. He leads her over to a set of sleeping bags with George, Angelina and Lee. "Fred, I'm scared." Lily whispers to her friends.

"Lily. It's gonna be alright. Black's gonna have to get through us to get to you." George says, making Lily smile slightly. "Thanks, George."

****************

"Paddy. Come back." Lily yells, who is about one and a half, chasing Sirius, in his dog form around the back garden. "Ride. I wanna ride."

At this, Sirius stops, turns around and runs back to Lily, making her topple over and Sirius turns back into his human form and stands her up. "Paddy!" Lily exclaims as Sirius puts her on his shoulders and runs back towards the house, Lily screaming with delight. "Sirius Orion Black! Put our daughter down right now!" they hear someone yell from upstairs. Suddenly, James appears, running in from the living room and taking Lily from Sirius. "Right. Lily. Don't say anything to your mum about that." James tells his daughter before turning to Sirius. "And the same goes for you, Sirius."

"Alright." Sirius defends, putting his hands up in the air, making Lily copy him before giggling.

****************

The scene suddenly changes and Lily sees blood, seeping out of a dog and the dog suddenly changes back and Sirius' body is shown. "Ahhhh!"

****************

Lily sits bolt upright screaming. Yet no one wakes up. Lily looks down next to her, seeing her right next to Fred. She looks around the room to see everyone asleep but she sees someone approaching her. It's Professor Dumbledore. "Miss Potter? Are you alright?" Professor Dumbledore asks.

 "Miss Potter? Are you alright?" Professor Dumbledore asks

"No. I'm not Professor. I just... I think I knew Sirius Black." she stutters out.

"Miss Potter? Are you sure?" Dumbledore asks her.

"Well, his hair looks greasier and he looks older but it's him. I know it's him." Lily tells Dumbledore. "Right. Come up to see me tomorrow. I want to do something but I'll tell you more about it tomorrow. Right now, you'd better head back to sleep." Dumbledore says, making Lily nod her head and cuddle back up to Fred.

" Dumbledore says, making Lily nod her head and cuddle back up to Fred