Chapter 86

The morning of the Hogsmeade visit is bright but windy. After breakfast, Fred, George, Lily, Lee and Angelina queue up in front of Filch, who matches their na,es to the long list of students who have permission from their parents or guardian to visit the village. As Filch marks the five of them off, they begin making their way into Hogsmeade and although the are meant to meet Hermione, Ron and Harry in the Hog's Head, the five of them have to pop into the post office because not only does Fred and George have something to post, so does Lily, and with Umbridge being there and being the High Inquisitor, she doesn't feel safe using the Hogwarts owls to post her mail to the Order. As the five the them walk out of the post office, they begin making their way towards the Hog's Head. They turn up a side street and at the top of the street stands a small inn. A battered wooden sign hangs from a rusty bracket over the door, with a picture of a wild boar's severed head leaking blood onto the white cloth around it. The sign creaks in the wind as they approach before stepping inside.

None of the five of them had ever been to the Hog's Head before. They all knew about the pub but found that the Three Broomsticks was a better option for them to go to as it was in a more public place whilst the Hog's Head is in a stingy side street. The five of them follow A large group of people into the Hog's Head before Lily turns around and quickly counts everyone in the pub as they make their way up to the bar.

"Hi," Fred says as they reach the bar. "Could we have..."

"... twenty-five butterbeers, please?" Lily asks, finishing off the questions, already having counted the amount of people there. The barman glares at the couple for a moment, then, throwing down his rag irritably as though he has been interrupted in something very important, he starts passing up dusty butterbeer from under the bar.

"Cheers," Fred says, smiling and handing them out. "Cough up, everyone, I haven't got enough gold for all of these..."

Lily helps to pass out the butterbeers as people start rummaging their robes to find coins. Soon enough, everyone is sat down in front of Harry, Hermione and Ron, all with butterbeers in their hands to keep themselves warm. "Er," Hermione says. "Well – er- hi. Well.. erm... well, you know why you're here. Erm... well, Harry here had the idea – I mean"

"Harry throws Hermione a sharp look. "I had the idea – that it might be good if people who wanted to study Defense Against the Dark Arts – and I mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge is doing with us because nobody could call that Defense Against the Dark Arts –"

"Hear, hear," Anthony Goldstein calls out, cutting Hermione off but it seems to boost her confidence.

"- well, I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands. And by that I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just theory but the real spells-"

"You want to pass your Defence Against the Dark Arts O.W.L too though, I bet?" Michael Corner questions.

"Of course I do," Hermione says at once. "But I want more than that, I want to be properly trained in Defence because... because... because Lord Voldemort's back."