Chapter 5

Sitting down in the common room that night wasn't the best thing ever. All I could think about was talking to Harry and telling him that I'm his older sister but I couldn't because I didn't know what he would think of me. So, getting off the sofa, I head up to my dorm room and head to l lay down on my bed going to sleep.

*************

Walking into the Great Hall the next morning, I sit next to Angelina and grab my book out of my bag. "Morning, Lily," she tells me and I look up and smile at her.

"Morning to you too, Ange," I greet him with a warm smile before going back to my book.

"Lily, are you going to eat? It's not good for you," asks Angelina and I shake my head.

"Ange, you know me better than anyone else-" she cuts me off.

"Except for the twins," she tells me and I shake my head.

"Except for the twins and you know I never eat before school. I eat at lunch and dinner. I never have breakfast. I don't even have it at home," I tell her and she shakes her head.

"Well, promise me that you'll do it once in a while, please?" she asks me and I nod my head.

"Promise. Ah, here comes McGonagall with our timetables," I say before McGonagall hand me four timetables. "Give those to the twins and Mr Jordan when you see them, Miss Potter," she tells me and I nod my head. "Of course, Professor. See you later," I tell her and she nods her head, handing Ange her timetable before walking off the other side of the Great Hall and I look at my watch and see that it's nearly half-past eight. "How long we got until the twins come bursting in here?" she asks me and I look over to the doors and then at my watch again. "Three... Two... one..."

At this moment, the twins and Lee run through the doors and over to me and Angelina. "We're here. We're not late," Lee pants.

"Half-past. Bang on," I tell the boys. "Now we'll try getting here at a quarter past now," I tell the boys and they groan.

"Why?" George asks me and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe if you got up earlier, you might get time to prank someone," I tell them before handing them their timetable and getting up from the table. "Now, I'm gonna head off and head to the library for some quiet time before lessons," I tell them before walking off.

I hear footsteps running towards me so I stop and turn my head and see Hermione running towards me. "Hermione," I greet her and she nods her head.

"Lily. Did you say you were going to the library?" she asks me and I nod my head.

"I did. Would you like to join me?" I ask and Hermione nods her head vigorously. "Come on. I'll show you the way."

We walk off and Hermione and I start talking. "So, your parents are muggle dentists and they look after teeth?" I ask and she confirms with a nod of her head. "Wow, never heard of that before."

"What about your parents? What do they do?" Hermione asks me and my smile drops. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." I shake my head at Hermione.

"No, it's not that. My parents were wizards and I lost them when I was younger on my birthday so it's a touching subject when people bring up my parents. In fact, you know Percy Weasley?" I ask Hermione and she nods her head. "Well, after I got sorted into Gryffindor, Percy brought up my past and I got really mad at him. To be fair, he wasn't being very nice to me and he still isn't so I tend to ignore him."

We up to the library doors and I look at my watch. "Oh. I guess we don't have time to study. What's your first lesson?" I ask Hermione and she gets her timetable out and I look at it.

"Transfiguration with McGonagall. Let's go shall we," I tell her and we head towards her first lesson. "What do you have first, Lily?" Hermione asks me.

"History of Magic but it doesn't start until quarter past nine so I'm gonna take a slow walk there," I tell her and when we get to Transfiguration, I nod my head at Hermione. "Here you go. You'll be in good hands," I tell her before walking off.

*************

Walking down the corridor to History of Magic, I hear footsteps so I turn my head and see Ron and Harry running down the corridor. "Ron? Harry?" I ask them and they stop running when they see me. "Lily. Good. Do you know the way to Transfiguration?" Ron asks me and I shake my head. "Come on you two. I'll take you there. I'll need to get McGonagall to write me a slip for Binns because I'll be late but you two need to get there otherwise you'll get into trouble. Come on," I tell them, starting to walk off and they follow me.

"Lily? Sorry to ask but when I told you my name, why did you suddenly run out of the compartment?" Harry asks me and I sigh.

"Harry, I will explain this to you after school today. If you come and find me I'll tell you but not right now. I'll either be down with Hagrid, in the library or in the common room," I tell Harry and he nods his head.

By the time we get to Transfiguration, I open the door and walk in the room with the boys and we walk up to the front. McGonagall transforms back into her human and I smile at her. "That was bloody brilliant," Ron tells her.

"Thank you for that assessment and Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure yourself into a pocket watch. That way, one of you might be on time," McGonagall tells the boys.

They got lost, Professor McGonagall. I walked them here so they weren't even later," I tell her and McGonagall nods her head. "Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats," she tells the boys and they sit down. McGonagall walks towards her desk and I follow her. "Thank you for bringing the boys, Miss Potter. What lesson are you meant to be in now?" she asks me.

"History of Magic with Professor Binns," I tell her and she writes me a note onto the parchment and hands it to me. "I'll see you next lesson, Miss Potter," she tells me and I nod my head before walking out of the room full of first years and walk to History of Magic, handing Binns the note before sitting down next to Angelina and Fred.