060

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘶𝘴, 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯....𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭."

-Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)

Her eyes glance down as she watches the blood advancing towards her feet, like the tranquil water that streams on the rill

Her eyes glance down as she watches the blood advancing towards her feet, like the tranquil water that streams on the rill. She looked at him, laying on the chilly floor. The grin he constantly wears on his face, the murderous intent of his eyes has now vanished. Clothes slowly submerged in blood, as red color expands and dominates the lame blue color of his shirt.

Its body laying on its side, the bullet wound on the right temple and it was so small. Somewhat ragged around the edges, but barely bleeding even. The exit wound must be on the other side of his head somewhere.

In the corners of her eyes sees Jaksen gripping a gun in his left hand, white smoke is coming out of the muzzle. It does not faze his face after killing him. Thinking if he truly cared for Reggie or even considered him as a comrade. But that's not the point, it's how fast he pulls the trigger. He didn't even doubt or object to Dino's decision for his fate.

Terrifying to think he is alive seconds ago and beating the shit out of her, now gone. And for a second, it makes Y/n wonder. When the soul has withdrawn from the body, then what is a body?

When the warmness disappears from the blood, and the limbs become stiff, it is a ghoulish thing. Everything science can measure is still there, every atom, yet it isn't the same at all. Our maker had summoned the soul and what it leaves is simply bones and flesh. So as she observes his body, she watches his warmth disappear; it reminded her; the body isn't hers-simply a container for her.

"Foolish man. I will announce this again. Disobey my orders, bear the consequence." Dino spoke in a deep voice, "But in his case, he harmed her when I strictly forbid not to hurt or damage her. After all, she is still my niece."

"Not to hurt me?" Y/n mumbles as she turns her head around to greet Dino's eyes, full of bewilderment as she attempts to understand everything he stated. The man before her is a mad person, if not then she doesn't know what it is.

"Reggie just slashes my cheek," Y/n said in a flat tone. A wave of anger rose in her like a tide. Y/n never claimed to be a saint, and she won't deny Reggie is a dolt and has the cockiness which she loathes. However, he is still a human; he has a life. It is not a thing one can effortlessly take.

"You just executed him because of a crap reason! And that's not all. You killed my entire family, might as well execute me!" She shouted something erupted inside of her like a volcano releasing its lava after a very long time.