004

𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

"𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭, 𝘐 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦."

Maya Angelou

She peeks at them and looks at the Elderly Woman from early and the same soldier

She peeks at them and looks at the Elderly Woman from early and the same soldier. She instantly glares at the Soldier.

    "Be careful with your eyes, nobody wishes to gash that out." The Soldier threatens Y/n. 

Extending his thumbs towards the woman beside him, "This woman reported we seized the wrong person, so you can go now."

"Funny, you weren't listening to me before, is there something stuck on your ears when you are restraining me? And where's the money you collected from me?" She responded with a violent approach.

     "The money? We purchase it for some booze." He responds, smirking.

Anger thrummed through her veins, inhaling as she watches him unlocking the cell as she leaves. The dark, empty, cold room that stood silently at the end of the corridor isn't helping calm her anger.

"Thank you and also sorry for not appearing more early. I expected they would capture the man and not you."

"Apology accepted," She said while smiling, convincing her it's all right. They walk to the stair leading to the surface, wanting to go out already, reaching the door.

But she suddenly stopped in her track and glances back at him.

    "Not trying to be sorry for what you did?. Well, never mind just don't drink while on duty, you'll get yourself killed." She sneers with murderous eyes.

"Why, you punk." He spat in a malicious tone.

She opens the door, letting the Elderly first, then she lets herself out. A wave of relief as the fresh air blowing against her face, It's already nighttime, Y/n is sure Miss Kirstein is searching for her.

The elderly woman began, "I'm sorry, miss-?"

    "The name's Y/n."

"Miss Y/n if there's anything I can repay. Please, let me know."

"It's all good. Honestly, I didn't know why I run after that man." She responds to her, brows rose.

    "Please I'll be feeling guilty" The old woman takes out a small piece of paper and offers it to Y/n. She accepts the paper from her.

It says, Carter Household, an address, and an identification.

"If you need anything, just come to this address." She paused, "It looks like I need to take my leave. Be careful on your way home."

This woman is from a Noble Family and living in Stohess.

"Thanks and you too, Miss Carter." She leaves to the opposite street. Y/n goes to the route leading to the house; The streets are quiet. Everyone must sleep already. 

     She needs to go home fast; she rushes to the alley. The surrounding area is lit, she can still follow the direction to where Miss Kirschen's house.

She ran to the alley, however; she saw three men standing in the middle of the alleyway; causing her to stop.

"Lovise, We saw you running after the thief early, We thought we already sucked the life out of you." The man in the middle spoke.

    Lovise? What does he mean by that? Is that the name of the owner of this body? And what does he mean, he sucks the life out of her?

"I stole your silver locket necklace, Lovise. What a lovely family you have."

"Family?" She mumbled.

     Y/n is so confused about what is happening. But the pocket necklace piques her interest.

"The locket necklace, where is it?" She asks, feeling annoyed already. She doesn't have time for this, Miss Kirstein might look for her.

The fellow in the left reaches into his right pocket and pulls a piece of jewelry. "It's in here." He grins.

     "Give it back!" She demands it's supposed to her, right?

"What are you going to do about it?" He jeers.

"Reggie, just kill her as Dino said." The guy on the left said.

Dino? Just who is that fellow? What Lovise did to make people kill her?

"Jaksen, you're ruining the fun."

The man who they call Reggie casually walks to her.

     Just who are these people? Suddenly, she heard something pierce to the nearby wall, Wired that pulls. In an instant, there is a male drop in front of her.

He stands facing them. She can't look at him. The cape covered his head, but the Wings of Freedom displayed a symbol on his back.

"Boss, we need to leave, that's Levi, from the Scout Regiment." The Reggie guy says.

     Levi?  But what is he doing here? She knows the survey corps set an expedition the same day when Wall Maria fell. It takes longer than she expects it to be.

"Shit! Go." The man in the middle answered as they quickly fled the scene. 

    Then Levi turned to her and spoke. "You're foolish for walking in the dark alone."

Cold And intimidating. Well, what did she expect?

"Oi, can't you hear?" Levi continues, walking towards her.

     "I just happen to past here," She replied, backing away.

"Then go home."

Suddenly, a man came rushing as he loudly yells, "Lovise?! Hey, are you all right?" 

Levi glances at the man. "Your friend is here, next time, don't be naïve." Thus uses his maneuver gear to flee the scene.

     As the guy got close, with black hair and eyes, he had a concerned look on his face. "I saw them running and talking crap about you. That's them, right? And I have been searching for you, are you all right?"

"What?"