038

𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

"𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦." 

― Dr. Seuss

They swing above the trees, falling to its branches after the horses have been tethered

They swing above the trees, falling to its branches after the horses have been tethered. Elias's face dimmed as he stands behind Y/n with open palms while she keeps glancing at their surroundings.

Elias hit Y/n's head, she cringed. Grasping her head with blinding blackness as she closes her eyes, sensing a constant pain in the back of her skull.

"What was that for?!" She yells with an angry huff, turning her head to which she snapped her brows glaring at him. But she widened her eyes, seeing Elias visibly gritted his teeth and glaring back at her. His eyes blazed with anger, but Y/n senses comfort.

"Do that again and I'll hit you much harder!" Elias grumbles, clenching his fists.

His blood is boiling because of frustration seeing Y/n doing a risky position, but it makes him extremely furious remembering her saying "Leave the forest if things get ugly."

As if she's saying to Elias to leave and save himself, and her doing something like that. But Elias will never think of leaving her behind, and Y/n telling that to him—somehow bother him.

"Elias—I am sorry," Y/n said with a sense of guilt. "it worried me something might happen to you. Just like last time..." She couldn't meet his gaze.

Y/n is still blaming herself for what happened in Trost District, and that's why she vows she won't let anything happen to him again. After all, he did everything for her.

His brows rose, then his gaze softened, and put his hand at her head.

He left out a sigh and said, "Just—don't do it again."

"What are you trying to say?" Petra shouts, causing the two to look to where the rackets are coming from. "that the Commander and Captain don't trust us?!"

"No... But..." Eren trailed off while Petra snapped her brows and gritted her teeth as she tried to stop herself from hurting Eren.

"Petra! Rip out that guy's teeth!" Olou chimed in

"Hey! That's enough." Y/n scolded the three getting frustrated from all the rackets. Petra pressed her lips into a thin line, softly glaring at Y/n and Olou clicks his tongue, Eren looks down soon the place becomes silent.

"But think about it, that wouldn't have worked without quite a few people knowing about it beforehand." Eld chimed in, breaking the eerie silence while looking at Petra.

"I think the only ones who knew were the survivors from five years ago." Then staring at Y/n's black eyes, as she narrows her eyes at him.

"Isn't that right, Lovise?" His voice was gentle. And yet it has a distinct motive. All of them glances at Y/n, waiting for her to answer.

"I knew about it." She answers dryly.

Petra gasped and said, "Then there's really a spy?!"

"Yeah..." Turning her back at them, wishing for the discussion to end and to wait for Annie's scream.

"So Captain and the Commander trust you?" Petra asks, a hint of jealousy in her voice as she leans forward.

Y/n peeks at her and calmly answers. "I don't know about that. But, the Commander said he trusts me and Elias."

Everyone shuts their mouth as soon as they hear Y/n's answers, and the place quiets down. Eren could feel each member who kept staring at Y/n's back imitating heavy air.

It's surrounding the place, engulfing him, making him too overwhelming to breathe.

Y/n could feel it too, but she ignored the burning glare of the Squad. Trying to focus on what's going to happen next.

It has passed twenty minutes of silence. Suddenly, a scream echoed throughout the forest. The ground vibrates, leaf sways as birds fly away. Snapping her brows while gritted her teeth, her heart pounds more than ever realizing the true battle is about to begin.

The others cover their ears for dear life and shut their eyes, hearing the deafening scream.

Soon the scream stops and the shaking causing Y/n to turn, extend her right arms, and shout as she looks back at them, seeing them all confused.

"Come on! Let's leave this place!" A hint of tightness in her voice.

"What was that?" Elias mumbles while looking at the ground, furrowed brows.

"What the hell was that?!" Olou exclaims, changing his gaze, searching for where the scream comes from. Y/n sees everyone was extremely concentrating on the scream as they didn't give her attention after giving an order.

"Come on! Let's leave!" She said again but her voice sterner. Everyone hears her as they bewilderedly look at her. Looking all agitated, Elias notices so he keeps his mouth shuts waiting for her next order.

"Where are we going?!" Gunther exclaims, wondering what was the scream for. Well, everyone has a similar question, but seeing Y/n's reaction makes her suspicious. Eren keeps changing his gaze between Y/n and the Squad.

"Back inside the walls" She calmly replied, narrowing her eyes at them. Time almost running out, any time now. They will fire a green flare to the sky.

Petra inches forward and asks, "How about captain Levi?!" Hearing his name causing her to tight grip on her hand gear as she whirled around looking at the horse below them. Elias notices her discomfort, causing him to snap his brows at the Squad.

"Don't worry about him, he can take care of himself." She answers. Y/n was about to jump but interrupted, overhearing Petra's protest.

"No! We're not going anywhere without the Captain!"

Y/n turns her head to see them glaring at her. She couldn't help to feel her blood boiling, dropping her head as her face dim. She finally has the idea of what's happening, the plot changing to the history of the owner's body.

And yet, someone still stopped her from achieving what she had in mind. Clenching her jaw to prevent bursting. But the frustration is excessively crushing, squeezing her fists as she slammed it in the tree.

It stunned everyone at her actions. Was that really because of the scream? They wondered.

"Levi made me in command in this squad so you'll listen to me! This is for your own good too!"

Fury glowed in her eyes, Y/n isn't playing any more games. They didn't know what their situation is, it's life or death. Everyone leans back, seeing her eyes, realizing it's not merely glaring, because they feel the coldness on their spine.

"Then, would you believe me if I said you guys will be dead five minutes from now on?" Y/n said in a dry tone, Elias raised his brows hearing her.

Sighted out the corners of Y/n's eyes, she sees a green smoke hoist to the sky. Everyone also notices.

"Oh no," Y/n mutters in a small panicky voice.

"It's Captain Levi!" Gunther exclaims.

"Fire a green flare to let him know." Eld chimes in, Gunther quickly pulled out his flare.

"Don't fire!" Motioning him to stop. But Gunther didn't listen as he points up to the sky.