007

𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚

"𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨."

T. S. Eliot

Disbelievingly angry she is feeling, eyebrows pulled down together while her hand covering her mouth to restrict her from speaking

Damn, she had too much fun with Elias for teaching her the maneuver gear she forgot about Wall Maria and everything. She hasn't thought about where she should stay after this.

Elias peeks into the window, making a hush sign telling her not to produce any sound.

"A garrison soldier, that's mean its actual information. Then, Wall Rose will overpopulate, they will put even the abandoned shelters to use again." Elias said through his gritted teeth.

"Pack your things and wait for me here." His voice grew deeper.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"No need to worry, I just need a couple of minutes." His face turns cold, gripping his fists tighter. She sees him go past his personal tipping point. One moment he has his anger in a bundle. Frightened by his expression, it must have also matched her as she took in a sudden intake of breath and stumbled backward.

Where is he going? What the hell is he furious about? Is he furious about the wall being broken?

"Then, could you lend me some money before you go? I need to take care of some things."

"I don't have to, you have your own."

"I have?"

"In your room, under the bed, I know there is a little compartment where you hide your money."

"Wait for me here," Elias said as he waits for the soldier to move, then immediately leaves.

Y/n rush back to her room, pull the bed using her right arm. Thank God the bed isn't that heavy. She searched the floor, and she discovered the cut wood. 

Hastily open and found a box with a lot of money. Her eyes widened. Just how much money did they make by selling maneuver gear? She grabs a few coins and leaves the house. She ran to the streets. People were panicking about the news they heard.

She grabs little money and immediately runs outside.

 "We're next!" She overhears the man's scream. Making people more frightened. 

She rushes to the market and makes it hard to buy some food because people are now in turmoil.

After buying the food she needs, she inserts them in the paper bag, borrows a pen and paper from the merchant who is panicking, writes a thank-you sentence, and gives back the pen to the merchant.

"Don't worry," She told the merchant, smiling at him.

It horrified the merchant, she can feel his urge to flee, she leaves the market as she rushes to Miss Kirstein's house and knock loudly, lay the basket on the doorstep, and left, not waiting for her or Jean to open the door. She runs back home to wait for Elias.

Sitting in the chair, patiently waiting for Elias to come back, clothes and the money are inside the bag, clenching it to remove the anxious feeling. 

He said he'd be back in a couple of minutes, it's been an hour. Tapping her feet to the ground. A knock on the door and it swings open, revealing Elias. her heart hitting against her chest so hard she thought it will break her ribs and rip apart her skin. She runs to him, grabbing his fists. The blood has concentrated in the folds of his knuckles, making the usually pale creases dark.

"What happened?" She asks him, frowning at the sight she sees.  

"Never mind about that." He pulls a piece of jewelry in his pocket, "Here." He continues.

"Did you? But how?" Her brow rose as her lips pressed tight, her eyes focusing on him. Y/n is in disbelief. She didn't think Elias would do such a thing.

"I did." He answers with vacant eyes. She reaches for it and puts it in her pocket.

"But right now we need to leave here." He continues speaking.

"How about the crates?"

"I bought a horse and a wagon." He said, pointing outside. Y/n walks outside to see a horse and wagon.

"Gear up and wear the cloak, sit in the wagon." He instructs, full of authority.

"Right." She replied. She put back the gear. However, only using her right since her left arm still hurts every time she accidentally moves it. Put on the cloak and she heads outside. 

Elias hauled the crate on the wagon, "I can help," She told Elias

"It's fine, only this one we need to carry."

"Why is that?" She asks, snapping her brow.

"The other crates are empty." Walking to the horse, tightening the reins.

"Where are we going?" gripping her bag.

"To the shelter, halfway through Ehrmich."

"I see." She jumps to the wagon, sitting on the corner as Elias whip the brown rein, and the horse galloped.

For now, she'll be around Elias, if she discovers a better place, she will leave behind Elias.