042

𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧

"𝘐𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰, 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱."

― Confucius

Annie wasn't supposed to fight back

Annie wasn't supposed to fight back. And yet, she came back, making it harder for Y/n than it is

The Scouts are already on their way going back to Karanes District and even if they knew Annie is fighting back, Y/n doubt they'll come back making her feel hopeless, again.

She couldn't breathe, it felt as if someone was choking her.

Her heart was racing and all she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and wait for someone to save her. But no one would, no one was there.

A choked cry for help forced itself up her throat, and she felt a drop run down her cheek. It seemed as if this was the end of the road for her.

On her knees, Y/n claps her hands together wondering what is she supposed to do next.

The gear she has is broken making it hard to maneuver it, let alone kill a Titan.

No horse Y/n could use to go back, no more ideas she could think of.

Then, Levi unexpectedly pops into her mind, as it appears like tapping on her. What he said earlier, causing her to smile, but her heart gradually aching as she doesn't know if she can reach inside the wall.

This must be her impossible task to do, reaching Karanes District without being eaten.

Hearing the gushing of the wind as it makes the green leaves from the tree to sway. Y/n stayed on the branch, gazing at her filthy hands.

But her desire to live is persuasive, remembering the two boys who held a special place in her heart as her hands tighten on a fist and slamming it into a tree next to her.

A sharp pain rushed to her entire fist, causing her to narrow her eyes. It's too early for Y/n to give up. However, the problem Y/n has is what if Annie sees her? Then what will she do?

Nevertheless, she needs to try.

Gripping the hand gear that she exchanges Dritt with, pulling the trigger, but only one grapple hook has shot to a nearby tree.

But that doesn't stop Y/n from activating the gas mechanism to reel itself toward the tree.

At first, Y/n can handle the rigid reel since she has tremendous mobility. She swings from a high height, the wind brushing to her bloody pale skin.

Y/n wants to believe she can leave the forest even if the Titans surround the entire forest.

Because what Annie had done earlier, by calling all Titans inside. Every intersection has a Titan prowling.