040

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐈 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫

"𝘈 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳."

― Albert Einstein

Eren transforms on top of Annie, causing her Titan body to drop to the ground

Eren transforms on top of Annie, causing her Titan body to drop to the ground. The ground shakes as the two crashes with each other, a pulsating noise echoes throughout the forest as Eren throws punches at Annie's face.

Everyone was dead, except for Elias as he collapsed unconsciously by hitting his back at the tree. Meanwhile, Y/n is sitting on the ground with a straight back while legs formed a W as her pupils shrink in shock.

Now she knew, no matter how hard she tried to avoid it, it's always the same conclusion. She couldn't move her body. Or maybe she doesn't want to move at all. Her breath hitched as she attempted to exhale while witnessing the two Titan fight to the death.

While Y/n sat on the ground, her face was stoic, skin pale and clammy. Every second she would want to shriek in pain, but nothing came out.

Suddenly, a scream from Eren was heard as it covered the forest. It was the kind of scream that made Y/n's blood run, causing her to catch her awareness. It entered her brain and inflamed the primeval pathway.

While blood slid down her cheeks and dampening her uniform, but yet, even though pain swung on her face. Y/n in her defiant stance shows and her stoic change to an angry crease through her forehead, showing she wasn't about to go down without a fight.

Adrenaline surged through her veins. Fight or flight, stand or run, be a hero or a coward. Her fingers curled around the hand gear once again, her decision was made.

Turning her gaze to see Elias lying peacefully on the ground, Olou's blood covered his body. Putting her hand on the ground, helping her to stand up by using her left foot.

Pain stinging her entire body as she stands tall. Moving forward by her right foot, her face screwed while sensing the throbbing of pain in her ankle.

Still, she walked towards Elias, gritted her teeth to manage the pain. Meanwhile, Eren's hands recover from all the punches he throws early, and attempts to punch Annie in the face while she lies on the ground helplessly.

Eren applies all his strength in his punch. But to his surprise, Annie adjusted her head to the side, evading it.

Punching the ground as its fists torn while the ground vibrates again, making Y/n fall to the ground as she loses her balance.

Gritted her teeth as she stands up while her pain in her ankle increases, balling her fist while she laid her eyes on Elias. Y/n vowed to herself and yet, it still happened.

About it engulfs Y/n, thinking on how she can treat someone who is always on her side like this. She never asked Elias if he wants in his life, other than seeing beyond the walls.

Soon, she reaches Elias, making herself fall to her knees as she strokes Elias's face, removing the blood. Her throat tightens making Y/n nibble her lower lips than seeing her surroundings darken making Y/n to turn her gaze towards the two Titan fighting but see Eren flying towards them.

Quickly grabbing Elias as she pulls the trigger to propel away, falling to the nearest branch while holding Elias.

Her eyes narrow, seeing Eren leaped forward with his balled fist. He throws a punch, but Annie easily dodges it. Holding Elias in her arm as she jumps, while falling, she pulls the trigger to swing away from the fight. Deciding it's much better for Elias and herself.

When Y/n was far from the ongoing battle, she discovered a big branch enough for one person to rest. Swinging toward it as she drops to it, gently laying Elias down. While Y/n kneels, she discards her Scout jacket as she folds it, thus she lays it in Elias's head. Y/n examines the place if it's far from the Titan's grasp and makes sure the branch would not break soon.

╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭

Y/n measured everything in her head and concluded it was safe for Elias to lie, for the time being. Standing up she detaches both blades as it drops to the ground and attaches new blades, knowing the battle is far from over.

"I'll be back, okay?" She said with a sad smile. She didn't care if Elias would hear or not, all she wanted was for Elias to feel safe. For once.

Turning her back at Elias, snapping her brows together while tightly clenching her hand gear, and she swings away, leaving him modestly resting.

By the time Y/n comes back, she sees Eren's Titan is evaporating. Sitting on the ground while his shoulders hunched and hands at its side, she was certain Eren was defeated. Clenching her jaw as she thought if she can defeat Annie in her current state, but she didn't have any choice as needed to help Levi in getting Eren back.

This time, Y/n didn't vow to herself to her objectives to be successful. Especially, she now knows it's all pointless attempting to save everyone as she couldn't even save herself.

Far ahead she sees Mikasa and Levi beside each other, and Annie running away. She swings speedily as she catches up with them. In the corners of Levi's eyes, he immediately notices Y/n turning his head to see Y/n's clothes damp with blood. Instantly, his eyebrows rose while his lips slightly parted.

All this time they have been apart, Levi couldn't help to worry. Especially witnessing the others lifeless on the ground, bodies shredded and swimming in their blood. Now seeing her looking all lifeless, as her skin looks pale, his heart fell.