002

𝐈'𝐦 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐃𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬

"𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴."

Robert H. Schiuller

She opens her eyes to see an unfamiliar room

She opens her eyes to see an unfamiliar room. The room comprised a small bed, a neatly made nightstand beside the bed, and a small table. There were no drapery curtains at the dormer windows, no pictures on the wall. 

     All-day the sun had been streaming down upon the roof, and the little room was like an oven for heat. As there were no covers, the windows haven't raised. A big fly was buzzing angrily at one of them now, up and down, up and down, trying to get out.

Being thankful, she didn't wake up on the street with its blazing heat. Sitting on the edge of the bed, she presses her forehead. The sharp pain didn't fade away. Suddenly, the door burst open. It's too late to pretend to sleep now. 

     Y/n meet her eyes. She shows like a youthful woman, greenish long sleeve, maroon long skirt with a white apron, and her brown hair secured in a ponytail. Narrowing her eyes as something about her seems so recognizable.

"Your awake." Her voice sounds soothing, as a sweet plastered on her face, "Good thing I'm walking behind you." 

    Y/n furrowed her brows, everyone glare at her because of her smell, how come she's still sweet to her. And how did she carry Y/n all by herself?

"Thank you," Y/n replied. The woman closed the door, then walks towards her.

"I saw your bruises." She frowns, "I'm so sorry."

Y/n stare at her, bewildered, "Bruises?" Instantly, she glances down to see her forearm covered with purples with yellow blotches.

"I—" Y/n tried to explain herself that she didn't know where she gets the bruises, or maybe she could get it by her falling hard on the ground. She's too focused on observing her forearm she couldn't find the right word to say. Y/n opens her mouth to speak, but the woman put her hand on her shoulder. 

"Everything is fine now." 

     However, Y/n tries again, but this time her stomach grumbles. The woman widens her eyes, as Y/n could feel her cheek heated in embarrassment. The woman laughs, hand on her mouth as she stopping herself to laugh further.

"Have dinner with us." Inviting Y/n, "we're having an omelet."

Her mouth instantly waters, as if she hadn't eaten for weeks. If this is on a normal occasion, she instantly rejects it, but this might her last decent meal.

Y/n nodded, "But—" She says, glancing down at her clothes.

"Of course."

     The woman grasps her right wrist, leading towards the door and leaving the room. Y/n's eyes wander, witnesses a long hallway. Floor made of woods, with two doors on each side of the wall. She leads her to the next room, opening the door reveals a bathroom.

"Take out your clothes and I'll get you new ones." Motioning Y/n to come inside.

Y/n walks inside, letting the woman closes the door. Y/n discard all of her clothes, hoping she won't have to smell rotten ever again. Waiting for the woman, in the corner of her eyes she notices a mirror hanging on the wall. 

     It isn't shiny like all the mirrors she knows; the mirror had that patina of age over the bronze frame, likewise, the surface of the glass was splotched black in places. Y/n stood and stared at herself, or at least the distorted image of herself.

Walking closer, she wipes the mirror using her hand. Then she looked at a face she hasn't seen before, black eyes and pink lips, her (color) hair turned into shoulder-length black. Her lips went apart as she notices a faint hand mark wrapping around her neck. 

    A dark purple bruise lining her neck.  Then her body turns slender with pale skin, she also notices the body has many scars, some new and some already fading. This elfin body undeniably is not her own.

Teleporting to the other dimension with the body is impossible however, is it the same with the soul alone to travel? Scientifically, Y/n knows that her physical being and spiritual being, consciousness, bound by a natural waveform with the same frequency and it looks like she can break these waveforms up and later can bring them back together, But how did she do it in the first place?

    But if she looks into a unique perspective, in rebirth or transmigration, it's the belief that the non-physical essence of a living being starts a new life in a different physical form or body. That can only happen if she died in her world.

That means she has a fifty percent chance she can learn to break her waveforms and go back to her world, and the other fifty percent, Y/n, living and dying here. Maybe she can kill herself right here, right now, but that doesn't mean she can go back to her world. Then, for now, the only open for her is to survive.

There was a knock on the door, snapping Y/n.

"Is everything all right?" She heard her ask.

     "E—everything is all right." She answered, standing behind the door and cracks the door as the woman's hand went inside with new clothes. 

Y/n grabs the clothes, "Thank you so much." Quickly wear the classic white polo and a long skirt. She soon leaves the bathroom as the woman waiting outside.

"I can not tell how thankful I am, miss." Grabbing both her hands. 

"It's Kirstein."