069

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

"𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴."

William Shakespeare

As the bodies of the cherished person return their matter to the earth, their souls, ageless since birth, return to the maker

As the bodies of the cherished person return their matter to the earth, their souls, ageless since birth, return to the maker. She let her feet tread lightly over the soils that support new spring growth, white bells, and green wands of grass, until she is there, her eyes resting on his name, her heart hearing his voice as if he were right there with her.

 Perhaps it is the memories that are the real bridge, that sense of love, a key to open doors into the worlds beyond, yet she's in the graveyard, these moments of reflection to their everlasting bond.

The cemetery was spooky and fill her with chills, yet in this mid-morning light under a cloudless sky, the air was fragrant with pine needles. She has time to admire the ivy that creeps over the autumnal ground.

"Do you regret it?" Levi asks beside her. 

He pondered if she regretted choosing him. If Y/n choose Elias, then he would be alive right now. Or perhaps, Elias knew what Y/n hinted, Lovise is truly dead and there's no way she could get back. And decided to get revenge.
Staring at the stone that well carved his name. A name without a last name, fitted for him. She shook her head, "Never."

"I see." He closes his eyes, relieved.

"In the end. Lovise and Elias are lovers in vain." She whispered.

Levi grins, "Well, aren't we too?"

Y/n glance at him with widened eyes, but immediately softens, "I suppose your right."

Suddenly an enthusiastic voice chimed in, "I brought a rose." They turn around to look at Hange carrying a bouquet of a red rose in her hand while Erwin walks behind her. Y/n and Levi walk beside, letting Hange kneel and offer her red roses.

Y/n whispered, "Red rose doesn't seem to fit him." she paused, "Black—black would be perfect." The monochrome suited Elias, for in her heart, in her soul and mind, there were no pinks or greens, no blues or vivid yellows.

Erwin glanced over at Y/n, "Care to tell me everything?" He asks.

Three days had passed since that day. Every person inside the mansion burns into nothingness and leaves no trace. For them, it's a good thing. 

"Then let me ask you this. Can you carry the sudden pressure? Are you ready to accept your history?" She turns to face Erwin, she spoke in a such slow manner as if she was still finding the words to say.

"I have been asking myself since the first day I got here." Her eyes glance to the left, staring at his headstone. "Would I leave this place alive? But there is no answer to that, so I made a plan to not socialize with you guys and yet here I am."

Y/n wasn't angry anymore, as the ground became unreliable, " So I made another plan. I make will make your situation less problematic and hoping it gives me benefits as well. However, things don't go that well." She paused, took in a deep breath, " I learn situations could change if I have simply the courage to do it—"

"Y/n, I'm ready to hear it," Erwin answered, Y/n nodded in affirmation. Y/n told everything she knew. Everything she told Levi.

Erwin prepared everything. Before she knew it. Five months had passed. Sitting on a leather couch in Levi's office. Corners of her mouth lifted as she feels peace. She wasn't a Scout anymore, after the fight and every night she would light a candle for Elias. Her strength slowly vanished away like a stream of smoke in the air. Levi sitting on his chair, writing his reports.

"Levi." She called in a sweet voice. Y/n felt his stare and raised her eyes to meet his.

"What do you need?" He asks.

Levi wished too if things would stay like this. But they both know the universe won't allow it.

"Come here."

He sighed as he stands up on his chair and went to Y/n on the couch. Since Y/n retired, she couldn't do the things she would normally do, always needing help. Y/n isn't complaining and either is Levi.

"Levi, are you almost done with your report?" She asks as Levi kneels in front of her, holding both her hands.

He plastered a genuine smile on his face, "I'm almost done. We can already have our tea."

"Levi." She whispered, corners of her eyes crinkled, "I'm sleepy."

Speaking his name was simply perfect, she wants to say it until she couldn't speak anymore. There was a joy in how she did it as if for a moment a feeling of love that played in his subtle smile and soft gaze happily absorbed him.

Levi kissed her forehead, "Then sleep. I'll wake you up when it's time." 

He cupped her face, lips meeting hers. When he pulls away, Y/n claims the remaining space as she is peacefully laid.

He stares at her eyes, as Y/n felt her eyelid getting heavier and heavier.

"I love you, Levi." She whispered.

"I love you too." He replied while tenderly brushing his fingers against her hair. Levi observes every part of her eyes, every color visible as if there's no tomorrow. Because he knew that would be the last he will see her beautiful eyes.

"Don't forget me, never ever."

"I won't"

Before considering alternative lovers. Be faithful. Yet there was always a Plan B. Now, even without them, neither in promise nor bodily presence, there is only love for them. Should evaporate as water into the sky, that will remain true for all the days. And so now, for the first time in life, there are no plans at all... because you must be free. Love must be free. So all plans stop.

"Y/n!" She heard, "Hurry, you'll be late for school."