010

𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐆𝐨 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐍𝐨𝐰

"𝘋𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦."

Voltaire

Erwin Smith is five feet away from them as the two sit in his office after the Survey Corps has captured them

"We want to know your names," Erwin asks.

"Elias, just Elias." He babbled, resting his head in his palm. He is tired of this.

"Lovise. I don't know my last name." She mentions, talking in a casual tone. Not giving a sign that her hands are shaking.

"Oi, if you two are joking about this," Levi grumbles, his brows bumped together.

"Look here mister, We are not joking." Elias jeers at Levi, narrowing his eyes, knuckles turning white from gripping his fist as he stands up.

"Elias, sit down." Y/n utter, as she moved him by raising her hand at him, her eyes widened from his sudden reaction.

"Elias did not know his family," Y/n informed them.

"And I lost my memories recently," She added. Elias sits down in his chair with narrowed eyes.

She wants to win Erwin's respect; she wants him to let him know he can trust her, and if she runs, she'll make a run simply to survive and travel back to my world.

"I see, then can you fight in your situation?" Erwin asks as he leans forward waiting for her answer.

"Yes, I can." Staring into his eyes to tell him she is positive.

The only branch that she can escape is the Survey Corps by traveling outside the wall and living outside this island. It might be a risk, but it is only her chance.

"But Lovise-" Elias interjects.

"Elias, I'm fine." Elias is always trying to protect her. They don't know everything, and if her plan works, they can live outside the wall.

"You two will be in Levi's squad," Erwin informs. glancing at Levi, asking if it is all right.

"Do what you want," Levi answers, pressing his lips into a thin line.

It is like Erwin perceives her plan. Then she has no genuine opportunity. If she knew this before, she better just be a stray in that foul alley.

"One more question." Erwin continues, making the two to stare at him. He has this ability when every time he speaks, everyone beside him silences their voice and waits for him to speak. Some may say it is the gift of a born leader. It is a relief feeling when you can understand your leader but not in Erwin, no one can understand this guy's mind.

"Where did you get the 3D maneuver gear?" He asks in a low caution tone, causing her spine to shiver.

"We can not tell you." Elias scoffs, trying to get on Levi's nerves.

"Tch, better you tell us," Levi warns, crossing his arms.

As much as she loves him from his character, not in a million years, she's going to see his wrath. Not in their position right now.

"We are not the ones who get the 3D maneuver gear, we buy the gear from the unknown man and we sell them at a higher price." Y/n chatted, trying to remove the tension forming between Elias and Levi.

"And we have a contract, we can not reveal each other's information and identity," She added to make it less confusing. Fidgeting her fingers as she feels their eyes staring at her.

After this, Y/n needs some time alone. Elias must think she is crazy for how docile she is, but he doesn't know how scary Levi and Erwin are when they are angry.

There was a knock on the door, turning their heads towards the back door.

"Name and business?" Erwin question.

"Ceaser Sir, the information you ask early and a message from the Garrison sir." The man outside yells.

Information? She doesn't know if this just coincidence or Erwin is just clever.

"Come in," Erwin instructs, a man with sunken eyes enters the room holding a rolled paper, he does the famous salute and prowls to Erwin. She guesses being a soldier drops you out.

"Here." He mutters, welcoming the tightness in the atmosphere. Extended his arms to Erwin.

Erwin snatches the paper, and he reads the rolled paper. In each second he reads, Y/n could feel the tension in the air get thicker. This differs from the belligerence between Elias and Levi.

"They are complaining again," Erwin said in a toneless mood.

They must complain about the food shortage and they also beseech to reclaim Wall Maria as soon as possible. But they want half the citizens of Wall Maria to be taken out to resolve the food shortage. Y/n thought as fright overtook her appearance.

"Why don't they just shut up and let us do our business." Levi showing his abrasive behavior, pupils flared as he tightened his fists.

Elias has a furrowed brow in his look, still uncertain of what is going to happen. If her guess is correct, two or three more days will be the day they will set an expedition. Then they have time to prepare.

"Inform all Scouts, tomorrow we will set an expedition, get them ready," Erwin announced.

"Yes, Sir!" Ceaser ambles through the door, leaving us four.

Gritting her teeth from the news she heard, It appears like all insignificant details are going to change. She certainly needs to think carefully next time. Behaving like she perceives every second will guide her to my death in no time.

"There is one more piece of information we receive." Erwin began. Focusing on what he is going to say next.

"The Carter Household reports a missing person last three years ago." He added.