031

𝐀 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐠𝐞

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨."

Socrates

"Soldier, what do you mean by that?" Darius asks as he stops switching the papers

"Soldier, what do you mean by that?" Darius asks as he stops switching the papers. Couldn't find his statement in the papers.

"Your statement isn't in my report." He asks.

The male Soldier trembles as he regrets his decision to speak up. However, that didn't stop him from speaking as he felt an urge to speak what was on his mind.

Y/n brows snapped together, bewilderedly watch the male tremble to where he stands. While Erwin and Levi alarmed by the Soldier.

The male Garrison neglects all the stares as he leans forward with open palms and yells. ‟I saw two Scouts wandering Trost District when the Scouts went on their 56th expedition!"

Levi narrows his eyes as he looks at Y/n but only startled to see Y/n full of hostility, brows snapped while her eyes flashed with animosity.

As if she has an enemy in front of her no one else sees, causing him to wonder, what is she so angry about. Is there something else she is hiding? Or much more. Levi couldn't help but watch her glaring at the Garrison Soldier.

Darius looks at Erwin. "I supposed you know these two Scouts Commander Erwin," Darius asks. Erwin staring at Garrison Soldier shifts his focus at Darius.

"Lovise Carter and Elias." Erwin began with such forbearance.

Pastor Nick widens his eyes as he hears the name, it seems to be oddly familiar. Especially the last name.

Y/n gritted her teeth as she tightly gripped the fence. Her blood is boiling inside as she thinks how stupid to think nothing would happen. How careless to forget the plot is changing to an unimaginable future.

Elias observing Y/n, eyebrows rose while head tilted, to why she so agitated. For him, the situation isn't serious. They can easily inform the Garrison and retake the Trost District. The last time this happened, she kept wandering to her thoughts.

"She excused herself and Elias to the 56th expedition because of personal reasons." Erwin continues. Pixis only closes his eyes as he hears the name of the two. He did like the two.

After Darius hears the names, his eyes wander throughout the room. Trying to find someone. "Is Lovise Carter present inside the room?" Darius asks. Y/n's heart dropped as she heard the name.

"It's me. I'm Lovise." She announces all eyes stare to the second floor where Y/n is standing. Pastor Nick rose from his shoulders as he watched the girl, mouth parted while he looked at the woman. As he wonders why the woman is standing inside the courtroom and being accused of something. He shivered as realize the news he heard before is all fake.

"So, you're Lovise. What is your personal reason?"

"It's private." She answered courteously. What if I'll be the reason Eren will not be joining the Scouts? She thinks while the people inside the runs mumble to each other.

"How can we be sure that the Scouts are not planning all of this?" One adult yells, pointing his towards Y/n.

"Yeah! That's right!." Another man agrees, causing everyone to yell. The room is overflowing with screams with anxiety and confusion.

"Tch" Levi clicks his tongue as he witnesses everyone doubting the Scout, Eren joining the Scout is slowly pulling away from their grasp. He stares at Y/n, his heart drops to see her with such fear in her eyes. Levi couldn't understand how Y/n works. Early in her eyes are full of hostility, now her eyes see a ghost no one else sees.

Darius hears enough as he pounds his hands at the table, causing everyone to stop talking.

"Tell me, what did you do when the Trost District fell?" Darius asks, now everyone is patiently waiting for her to answer. An answer to which her life might change for good.

Y/n balled her fists as she didn't see for this to come. And Elias wasn't dumb enough to let out his anger for everyone to see.

"We voluntarily helped the Garrison, evacuating the City to recapture Trost District." She answers hoping everyone will believe her but it's too far from good.

"Do you have any proof?!" An adult man asks Levi's brows drew together as he hears the man's demands. To answers or not, more doubting will receive from the Scout.

"We don't have proof." Y/n answers.

"See! They might plan this from the start!" Another male yells.

One thing Y/n hates, blaming anyone who is didn't involve her actions.

"I guarantee you, the Scouts have nothing to do with my personal matters," Y/n informs everyone while she narrows her eyes to everyone present.

"And why should we believe you?!"

Elias furrowed his brows, as the situation got worse for him and Y/n.

"I'm a witness!" Rico interjects, raising her left arm as she looks at Darius. Y/n sees Rico's right hand covered in a bandage while in the series are not, causing Y/n to clench her jaw. That it might be better for everyone that she didn't excuse herself that day.

"She's with us the whole time." Rico continues as she lowers the left arm.

"And I ask her together with Elias to help recapture Trost District." Pixis chimes in with a smile plastered on his face, as he looks at Darius, seeing the opportunity to defend Y/n and Elias.

Erwin and Levi surprised by Pixis actions, wondering why he defends Y/n and Elias.

"You're just being biased! She is living together with this brat, which involves his sister as they attempt to consume us!"

"That's right! We can't trust them!" Soon everyone agrees together.

"I may be a monster, but Mikasa has nothing to do with this!" Eren yells as he glares at the adult men discussing. Soon, Eren informs, full of determination that everyone should just trust him.

Levi sees the opportunity and kicks him in the face. Eren's tooth slides to the other side of the room. Everyone gasps witnessing Levi's actions, Levi continues to kick him in the gut. Nile warns Levi that it's dangerous. However, he didn't care. Levi didn't want to punch him in the first place however that's what they can do for everyone to witness they can easily control Eren.

Mikasa tries to jump outside, but Armin stops her.

"Everyone who's persecuted him should think, carefully too. I wonder- could you really kill him?" Levi said, putting his foot at Eren's face.

"Commander-in-chief, I have a proposal." Erwin chimed in.

"I would like Captain Levi to pair with him, as someone as skilled as the Captain could deal with Eren even in worst-case scenarios." Erwin proposed.

Y/n wasn't even watching Eren getting beat up. She was wandering in her thoughts again. Elias calls her once, but she doesn't answer.

"I place Eren Yeager in the care of the Scout Legion. However, he may return here, depending on his accomplishment." Darius announced.

"Regarding Lovise Carter and her companion?" He continues. Levi glanced at Y/n.

Y/n flinches and tries to think of another solution. However, she couldn't think other than betting her own life.

"They can kill me any time if they find me I'm a traitor to humanity. Which is also the same with Elias." Y/n informs Elias a steps beside her.

"Then it's settled" Darius informs everyone.

However, Pastor Nick unconsciously extended his arms towards Y/n, completely disagreeing about whether the Scouts could kill her. Everyone bewilderedly stared at the odd actions of Pastor Nick. He immediately returns to his consciousness and puts back his arm.

Y/n rose her eyebrows at Pastor Nick, wondering why he would do something like that. However, Darius didn't care as the door in the middle opens informing them the trial is over.

Over the room, Elias goes back to his room to rest. He didn't think too much about what happened. Y/n roaming around trying to ease her thoughts, then she spotted Levi leaning his back at the wall.

"Levi?" Stopping in her tracks.

"One day, you're going to tell me what's on your head." Said Levi, standing straight. Y/n presses her lips together that Levi will not let her go.

"You know, no one bothered me this much." Walking towards her.

As she stood there, Y/n felt it. The burning coursing through her veins. Except for this time, it's stronger. A simple sentence but it was enough for Y/n to be speechless, bowing her head as Levi walks beside her then Y/n grabs his forearm stopping him.

Levi confusedly looks at her.

"One day, I'm going to tell you," Y/n said, in an affectionate voice as she raised her chin she smiled, and looked into his eyes. Levi's heart froze to see Y/n in such a low state. He couldn't fathom why he wants to hold this woman beside him.

No one else in his life has the same effect Y/n has, snapping his brows as he tries to put his hands to y/n's head. But soon stops to see Ms. Eschen standing in the corridor staring at them.