059

𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘫𝘰𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯."

— Cesare Pavese

It made a loud creak as she opened her eyes

It made a loud creak as she opened her eyes. All she saw was gloomy and blurry surroundings. However, she can perceive the wooden boxes being stacked up in front of her with no precise lines. Waking up is no longer a pleasure, especially if your dreams are better than reality.

Feeling a sharp pain slicing behind and the top of her skull as if someone is hitting it continuously, a good thing her throat isn't too dry and to make her urged to cough and make the migraine ache even fiercer. However, even if she didn't cough, the migraine became intense, causing her to groan to the point she couldn't endure it.

Y/n slams her eyes shut then opens them, her eyelashes faintly batting against her lids, she slams her eyelids once more, blurriness fading, surroundings came apparent. Suddenly her eyes widen, recalling what happened when she hears Elias shouted her name. Several questions are inside of her brain after noticing herself sitting, in a W-position, on an icy floor.

Where am I? How long had I been asleep? Did I still have my clothes?

Y/n checks herself as she drops her head to peek at her body. Still wearing her uniform and no proof of force, making Y/n let out a relieving sigh.

But the pain looks to follow her, narrowing her eyes as her slight movement increases the throb. After checking herself, her attention at once moved to Elias.

"Elias." She muttered. Eyes glancing side to side, trying to scrutinize the room. Her brows snapped together after looking and to find out there's not a trace of him.

Her cognition increases knowing Elias isn't inside her ken. Seeks to move her fists but to her dismay she isn't capable of moving her wrist, tied up behind her. She peeks over her shoulders and under, struggling to see.

"You gotta be kidding me." She said while hauling her arms up and down in an alternate pattern, aiming to reduce the tightness that restrained her fists.

The iciness of the place came to be distinct, stealing the warmth given to her by the vile concoction that has swept over the grey floor.

She wants to use her entire senses, get a feel for whatever this is. But the vile odor dominates the air, and the chill freezes her skin, and the little brain power she may muster.

Then a fire flashed entered through the darkness in a wash of red and yellow sparks. Y/n squints her eyes at the light coming to her right, it hasn't neared her but it's too bright for her as if she's directly eyeing the sun.

She overheard someone stomping on the floor, clearly a footstep, and she can distinguish it wasn't just one person. She peeks at her right, three wooden boxes being piled up forming a wall, prohibiting her to study at the people coming.