011

𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐒𝐤𝐲

"𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬; 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘴𝘰."

Bertrand Russell

"There is one more piece of information we receive

"There is one more piece of information we receive." Erwin began."the Carter Household reports a missing person last three years ago."

"They have a picture of the woman and the necklace she is wearing as a crest of Carter Household, when Reggie report for attempted murder, and stole the necklace he has. Then he describes the necklace and somehow it matches the description of the necklace you have." Erwin informs.

She turns to look at Elias for confirmation. However, he glances down. Putting the palms on her forehead as frightening thoughts race in her mind.

She instantly pulls the necklace in her pocket to find the sign of the Carter Household. Turning at its back and finding nothing, open the locket and find nothing, just a photograph. 

Unless...

Her heart bounces in anticipation as she removes the picture and reveals a letter C within. Glazed over Erwin as confusion raised inside her.

"As you stated before, you lost your memories. I believe you are Lovise Carter, daughter of Klaus and Ernestine Carter." Erwin claimed.

she froze as she at the necklace with wide eyes, brows snapped together as she pressed her hand to her throat. This is too much for Y/n, she would never guess she belongs in a noble family.

Y/n glimpse to Elias, he seems startled as she is. Erwin and Levi expected her response, but what was she supposed to tell?

She remembers the old lady from the market, in the name of Carter, who lives in Stohess. Is she Lovise's relative?

"Levi show them their uniform and gear. If there is nothing else, then you are all dismissed." Erwin instructs Levi.

"Follow me," Levi said in a monotonous tone as Levi pled to the door.

The two stand in their chair and reluctantly follow Levi outside the door. Guiding them through the dark corridor while the torches hang in the wall to provide the light.

"Too bad for you two for not having time to prepare. But since you sell maneuver gear, you must know how to use them." Levi Bandied.

Y/n don't know if Levi is just mocking them or he knows what she intends to do.

"You don't have to worry, we know how to use the maneuver gear" Giving him a gentle smile. Levi looks at her with eyes intended to peel what she hides.

Seeing out the corner of her eye, Elias glances at Y/n with worried eyes. Y/n will inform him about her plan when she has a chance.

They came to a halt, two scouts guarding the wooden door. They perform the salute. Levi mentioned them to rest.

"The uniforms and the gears are in here, take what you need." Levi used his thumb to point to the wooden door.

"After, walk straight to this corridor. If you see unoccupied rooms, just take it." He said leaving them and walking back to where they came from.

The two scouts open the door, Elias goes first, and she follows him inside. Wooden boxes are full of Scouts uniforms and shelves displaying 3D maneuver gear.

They walk to the wooden boxes and pick the right size and straps.

"This is making me frustrated, how do I know if I pick the right size?" Elias complains in a tight tone as he rubs his right temple.

Y/n giggle at Elias's childish behavior, moving his head turns to her. She chooses the fittable size, some brow straps, and hands it to Elias.

"Here." a joyous smile swept to her face.

"How do you know what to get?" He asks, tilting his head with narrowed eyes.

Her body froze at his question. "I see them every day so—" Trying to defend herself, scratching her ear as she avoids his eye contact.

"Hey, is everything okay?" The scout outside asks.

"Everything is alright," Y/n yells for them to hear. She kinda survives, she needs to be careful next time. Letting out a relieved sigh.

"Are you okay?" Elias asks, lifting a brow.

"Yeah." raising both palms acting for defense.

Quickly picking the right size and brown straps, she walks to the shelves and picks her gear. Then, they walked outside and said to them their goodnight.

As they ramble through the corridor, holding their uniform and gear, an awkward silence fills the atmosphere.

"Why?" Elias asks, looking straight.

"We can escape," Y/n whisper. Elias widens his eyes, then stops in his tracks.

"How?" looking at her intently.

Walking closer to Elias "Outside the wall." She whispers in his ear.

Elias furrows his forehead. "Are you insane?" He whispers. "no one can live outside the wall."

"Trust me on this one." Continue to walk the dark corridor. Elias soon follows her.

They find vacant rooms, as Levi said before, right beside each other. She said her goodnight to Elias and walked inside.

A small room, one bed, and one window. She put in the scout uniform since she is not planning to sleep. Placing the gear beside the bed, sneaking outside the door, not leaving any sound for Elias to hear.

Roaming through the headquarters of the scouts. She finds the terrace that enthralls anyone with its view. The moon was abnormally large, and the surroundings gleamed with its luminescent glow.

She ambles at the edge and takes deep breaths. The freezing breeze hits her face, causing her nerves to calm. 

"Y/n, you can do this." Trying to motivate herself, tomorrow she can die or live.

"You are ambitious for someone who will die tomorrow." Someone said in a mocking tone. She turns around to see Levi cast skeptical eyes.

She turns around and said, "I thought you went back to Erwin."

"I know what kind of life you live." He spat in a spiteful tone. Levi saw Y/'s open wide in surprise and recognition. "I'm giving you a warning. Do not try doing any unacceptable actions."

"I'm not trying anything." She replied, arching an eyebrow.

He walks closer, their faces near, " You better be." He then backs away, "I despise nobles like you, thinking the world revolves around them."

Every word stung, only fueling the fire that burned inside of her. Every violated phrase was like gasoline to it. Her fists clenched and her jaw rooted.

"What did you say?" She asks menacingly, Levi stares as if boredom striking.

"I despise you." Dark eyes radiated a fierce, "You better watch your attitude around me." Stepping away, leaving behind Y/n with her anger boiling.