047

𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭

"𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺."

― James Thurber

Doctor Martina arrived once again to examine Y/n's well-being, while Elias went back to his room to rest as well considering he's been up for three days straight looking out for her

Doctor Martina arrived once again to examine Y/n's well-being, while Elias went back to his room to rest as well considering he's been up for three days straight looking out for her. At first, he refused but Y/n sternly ordered him so he couldn't honestly argue,

"It's better for you to rest more." The Doctor said in a soothing tone, corners of her eyes crinkles. Sitting in a wooden chair near Y/n's bed.

Hange standing at the corner of the room, while they watch the Doctor seeing her papers one more time. Her mouths shut while eagerly waiting for the further result. Five days have passed. And yet, she is still weak.

And Doctor Martina simply instructed her to rest more? It's causing the Doctor to look like she doesn't know what to do. Just what is her illness anyway for her to require such rest.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Hange quietly said.

Hange went back to Y/n, thinking of ideas by what method can they precisely determine her health.

"Honestly, I don't know what's wrong." Doctor Martina confesses, her smile faded while her cerulean eyes look down, feeling embarrassed as a Doctor in the Survey Corps establishment.

Doctor Martina spent her years treating open wounds considering every time the Scout came back from the expedition it was constantly a person without limbs, or with a deep incised wound, so blood wasn't foreign to her.

However, with internal wounds, to which she lacks information, and her symptoms are normal, too normal to raise concern, somehow it didn't match any regular illness in her books of diseases.

Y/n's eyes widen at Doctor Martina's sudden confession, opening her to speak but soon interrupting.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Hange asks.

"Your body-it's regenerating slowly." She began, still looking down.

Y/n furrowed her brow, while her left hand hid inside as the white blanket being grip tightly.

She thought her blood turned into Ackerman blood and isn't their blood vital, so why?

It also makes her think about the black book she finds in the library, causing her to the nightstand and sees the silver locket.

She only wears the locket, the chain scattered around the round plain silver, when she went on an expedition and when Miss Eschen came to visit.

"And, what is that?" Hange steps forward.