053

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐈𝐭𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

"𝘛𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘣𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥."

Maya Angelou

"So, this is where you first have woken up," Elias said, head lowered as he stares at the pavement

"Yeah," Y/n answered, standing beside him.

While clouds dominate the morning sky leaving transitory patches of blue. Though they are mostly white, there is a hint of greyness, a suggestion that rain may play a part in the day to come.

They are back at Trost District. Y/n and Elias are standing in front of a wall at the place where it all began. The alleyway is quaint and cobbled. The houses on each side have walls that wobble ever so slightly but are apparent in the strong morning light.

The area wasn't covered in mud unlike before, as it is greatly cleaner now. Y/n takes a breath as the air arrives at her nostrils, there is no nasty odor but a scent of fresh air coming from the sky.

While Elias clenched his hand into fists, brows snapped together as he continued to stare. Pondering what could entirely happen to her.

"Y/n," Elias calls out in a low voice, "it's weird saying the name that is supposed to be fake but." Y/n twists her head as she takes a glimpse at Elias, watching him

looking down.

"Why?" He asks as he peeks at her.

Y/n raised her brow and said, "What do you mean?"

Elias glances back at the pavement, "If you say, you are honestly using me. Then, what happened during the last expedition?" Causing Y/n to snap her brows together.

"Why did you risk your own life for my sake?" He continues.

Y/n squeezes her hands together, "It's guilt. I think." She mumbles.

"I see." Elias clenches his jaw while glaring down.

"Well, after years by your side. I now see you as a friend."Y/n added, causing Elias to snap his brows together as he twists his head staring at Y/n with wide eyes.

"I know, it's ridiculous." She gave a bitter laugh.

Elias shakes his head and says, "It's not."

Y/n twisted her body, as her right foot forward, walking behind him, and said, "Come on. I'll tell you what happened next." Elias nods.

Elias follows her in the streets, the battle a few months ago left a trace among the homes and its people. The people surviving in the slums greatly increases, as they see them slumbering at the corner while covered with dirt since most of the people lost their houses, leaving them as poor as a church mouse.