058

𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦

"𝘐𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥."

John Green

Hange, together with Moblit, walk inside the room

Hange, together with Moblit, walk inside the room."When we reach the information department and after receiving papers regarding the man you're talking about." She pauses, "The MPs went immediately to us and snatched the papers."

Hange glances down at the floor, thinking of the reason MPs looked pressured at something. Was the information a secret that they can't have access to?

"We tried to fight them off." Moblit chimed in, his voice gentle and the disappointment in his voice is noticeable, "However, they are too many for us."

Levi clicks his tongue, his anger spread through him.

"But before the papers snatch on my hands, I somehow read some of it," Hange informs.

"Why didn't you say it in the first place," Levi growls, "Tell me what you read about that fucker."

Hange nods, "In the first part, I read that Dino Holstock is a Noble, living on the west side of Wall Sina." She informs, raising her right hand, palms up. "And also, he is a member of the Orders of the Wall."

Suddenly, with no further questions. Levi walks towards the door. Hange and Moblit widen their eyes in surprise. Before Levi could wrap the doorknob with his fingers. Erwin's voice echoed throughout the room.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To the west," Levi answers, his voice is flat and cold but a menacing demeanor surrounds him. He isn't sure if she's there, however, if that's the only clue he has then, Levi has no choice.

"I can't let you," Erwin said, his voice is deep and full of authority. He only heard it when they were out on an expedition, declaring that they must follow his order.

Levi's eyes instantly shot open and his brain stutters for a moment and his eyes take in more light than he expected. Every part of him goes on pause while his thoughts catch up. And thinking his ear is hearing different things, he turns around to glance at Erwin to confirm what he says just now.

"You'll risk the Scout." Erwin continues, however, Hange and Moblit are stunned, silently watching Erwin and Levi with furrowed eyebrows. How would Levi risk the Scout when he is the strongest?

"What are you saying?"

"Their eyes are on you Levi, any wrong move they can put that against us." Erwin clasped his hands, "They can disband the Scouts." Joining the Scouting is another of his paths to get to his intention and letting it be at risk simply to save two lives? And now that he has a clue to the truth, he can't let him.

"You can't stop me, Erwin," Levi said, through his gritted teeth.

Erwin stands up, "If you keep this up, I don't have a choice to confine you."

"Catch me first."

Hange's laugh echoes through the room, "Let's talk about this first. Erwin. Levi." Walking between two men as they keep glaring at each other. While Moblit simply watches, with a frown on his face, feeling the thick air. This must be the first he saw Erwin and Levi argue over something.

Her hand, open palms, pointing towards both men to stop their bickering, "We could go there ourselves and try to meet this Dino guy to confirm it's really him to take Lovise and Elias." Hange suggested.

"That won't do." Erwin said, "Whoever took Lovise and Elias already planned this out. He knows the Scout would help them, so they cornered us before we could do something."

"And what? I'm just going to sit here and wait?!" Levi snapped, "Because I will not! NOT AGAIN!" Eyes narrow while the pupils of his eyes burn with rage. Levi has people he loves die in unimaginable ways. And to go through that again? He couldn't bear it.

"The Scouts are at stake, Levi!" Erwin's hands tighten into a fist. Erwin never argued with his fists clenched as his words packed a powerful punch. Carefully spoken, without drama, his words had an air of finality to them. But nothing would change Levi's mind. And for the first time, his eyes hold anger while it's looking at him. "Just wait for them to remove their eyes on you."

"Then, the next thing I know, she's dead!" Levi turns around and wraps his fingers on the doorknob, tightening his grasp as he opens the door.

"Levi!" Erwin yelled, watching Levi left the room,

Then Levi saw Aldman outside. His eyebrows snapped together, and lips pressed together, causing him to stop. He must have heard the argument between both of them.

"I'm coming with you." He said, full of determination in his voice. Levi promptly nods. They turn their head towards hearing something crash inside the room.

"Commander Erwin!"

"Erwin!"

They heard Hange and Moblit both yelled and a hint of tightness in their voice inside the room. As Erwin revealed himself at the door frame.

Aldman gave his salute and said, " I'm coming with him with Captain Levi!"

"No matter what you say, you can't stop me," Levi said.

"I hope you think about this."

"I did. Many times." And for a second, Erwin felt relieved. He still trusts Levi.

"Having responsibility for the lives of others than yourself—" Erwin said while tightening his fists.

"Means, you do what you have to do." Levi continues, as he proceeds walking while Aldman follows him behind. Erwin grabs the doorknob as he went back inside and closed the door.