Haikyuu Fandom Rant

You read the title, you know what I'm about to do here. I honestly hope you guys don't end up hating me for this ;-; This is just a rant on personal opinion. Feel free to leave yours in the comments too, but no arguments and debates please.

I'm very sorry for what I'm about to do. Please don't take it offensively. This is just what I think only. If you don't like it, you can move on to the next chapter.

I swear I'm going to sound so much like a Karen ;-;

—————————————————

1. Oikawa's Overused Bullying

Ok, let's start with something simple. Stop over-bullying Oikawa for being flat or using the nicknames "shittykawa" and "crappykawa" too much. I know I used some random nicknames and kind of offended Oikawa in the last chapter, which is what I'm trying to work on, but I still believe he's a great character.

Note that the animators literally said they forgot to draw or weren't able to draw it? And his team respects him too. They mock him jokingly which he is fine with, but the fandom is literally abusing that. If I were Oikawa I would've already snapped at them. It's fine if it's just a little, but over-doing it is just mean.

——————————————————

2. Urusai Yamaguchi

First of all, Tsukishima only uses this when he's extremely annoyed with something, and knows that Yamaguchi knows he is. Like the other day I came across something which had dialogue between Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, and it went like this:

Yamaguchi: Tsukki be nice!

Tsukishima: Urusai Yamaguchi

Excuse my language WTF. We all know Tsukishima can be salty but he is respectful too. He knows when and when to not say it, and the way Yamaguchi just goes "gomen Tsukki" annoys me. All he did was tell him to be nice, and Tsukishima knows he needs to be. He wouldn't tell his childhood friend, or what the fandom considers boyfriend, to shut up over that.

I don't like it. T^T

——————————————————

3. Overprotective, overly chaotic, biased, one-sided Sugawara

I'm sure you guys have noticed this. In the fanon, Sugawara is projected as an overprotective mother who is very chaotic and willing to kill anyone who hurts his baby crows. This I don't have too much of a problem with. I find it funny and cute, but then they decided to take it to another level.

Suga is chaotic, and he acts like a mom. It's not hard to fuse both (if you have had a mom you know), but what they do is take only ONE SIDE and portray that. In many stories it literally shows Suga just being chaotic, not really acting close to his canon character. It's kind of rare to find one where he acts like an actual mom now. It's annoying enough already.

But there's more. Biased Sugawara. I can't even begin to describe how vexing this is. To summarize it, this is simply horrible. Sugawara is very equal, doesn't support negativity, and kindly chaotic in the canons. It's really nice to see. However, in many stories, YouTube videos, and a bunch of others, he is biased towards Hinata. You give Hinata a scratch? Full mama mode. Kageyama gets hurts horribly? Oh it's fine he can deal with it.

Ahem WHAT? People are people hun. I absolutely despise this. Sugawara just seems like he doesn't give a crap about anyone else but Hinata. Anyone but Hinata is not as important. It's horrible and just stop it. Please don't come for me ;-;

———————————————————

4. Daichi

This one is short but I want to point it out. Daichi is supposed to be considered a "dad" but there are some stuff that makes him less irrelevant and in general, lower than Suga. Like he's not supposed to be a dad or something, nor does he act like one. I dunno what's up with this :D