Flashbacks and Heartaches

I don't know whether to say this is sad or not......

Just read it :P

Also just a note. I read a lot of stories surrounding the blueberry boy, so much I've lost track. I've occasionally asked some authors if I can use their ideas, but sometimes I can't really keep track. 

If you notice that one of my story may be a little similar to something you've written, you can PM me and it's probably likely I was inspired by you but I don't remember. If you want me to give you credit, just ask. I've already been PMed that some of my things are similar to others, hehe.

This one was inspired by @Blobfish_QueEN, so kudos to her for writing an amazing story.

Please go check out their stories!

-----------

Iwaizumi didn't think much of Kageyama at first. He knew the boy was talented, and he respected him for being able to put up with Oikawa. He found him quite cute as well, and enjoyed his interactions with Kageyama. 

Kageyama would follow them around, ask them for tips, and Iwaizumi would feel so proud of himself when Kageyama looked at them in admiration. Yes, them. That included Oikawa. Oikawa, the obstacle.

He didn't really have issues with his childhood friend in the beginning, but he knew Kageyama respected Oikawa more than he respected him. He understood they were fellow setters, so he didn't mind it. In the beginning of course. 

Back to Kageyama. He was obsessed, well, let's say he was fascinated with the way the young boy played. The perfect set that flew right into the palm of the spiker, the presence that made you know that you could trust him, and those eyes that seemed to shine with glory. Every single aspect of it was majestic. 

So where did it go wrong? Of course, it was the match right after Shiratorizawa, where Oikawa's stress was seriously piling up. That night, he went to the gym to help clean up. That night, he saw Oikawa practicing hard. That night, he saw Kageyama nearly getting slapped. 

Wait, Kageyama nearly getting slapped? 

Oh god, what was he supposed to do? He ran over and stopped Oikawa, but why couldn't he look at Kageyama? He was his upperclassman, he should've said something.

It only went down from there. When he left the school, he should've at least said a goodbye. When he entered his new school, he felt a little....cold. He felt something was amiss. He started hearing rumors about Kageyama being "The King of the Court". 

He was infuriated. Why didn't people do something about it? Why couldn't someone try to at least figure out what was wrong? Why can't he do anything? 

Then he heard that they would be graduating from middle school. He managed to get his coach to send out an invitation to Kageyama. Maybe he would get a chance to redeem himself. But instead, all he got was the two dumb***es who started the rumor of his underclassman. 

Oh how he wanted to murder those two, but he kept himself calm. 

The other day, he heard that their captain had set up a practice match against Karasuno. Those guys were pretty weak, so why did he do it? He wasn't so happy about it, but he let it go.

But his mood did a 180 when he saw Kageyama. He was happy. Okay, he was really happy. He wanted to run over and give him a proper greeting, but Kageyama wouldn't even look at him. Instead, someone else had replaced him. He didn't want to learn their name either, but if Kageyama was happy, he'd let it be. 

When Karasuno won, he wasn't defeated like the others. He was proud of his underclassman, but annoyed that Kunimi, Kindaichi, and Oikawa still wanted to declare war. Why couldn't they just leave him alone?

He didn't really see him after that, until the inter-high. Again, his dim mood brightened when he saw his underclassman playing again. When his team won, he was joyed, of course, but only for a brief moment.

"Hah, we won against the king."

"Guess his ego couldn't handle it."

"Look at him, so defeated. What a sight to see."

His freaking teammates. He suddenly lost all reason, and grabbed the jacket collar of a nearby person, who thankfully, was Kindaichi. He wanted to smash that jerk to pieces. 

He was stopped by the person he least wanted to see him like this.

"Iwaizumi-san, you left your waterbottle on the court, so I thought I'd bring it to you." 

Kageyama....

He loosened his grip and turned around, only giving him a small thanks. But when he headed home, he had a happy feeling. Maybe it was because Kageyama finally talked to him again. He didn't know, but he didn't care. He was happy. 

When they lost against Karasuno at the next official matches, he had to admit, he didn't like the bitter taste of defeat. He looked up at Kageyama, and for some reason, he felt like he'd done something right. 

Maybe if he had the courage to say something, he wouldn't have to look from afar.