Memories || Akaashi and Kenma

Kenma and Akaashi, normally, were relatively nonchalant and calm siblings, often minding their own business and quite passive. However, there was one person that if you ever messed with, well, these 'normally' calm siblings would become some of the scariest people. 

And who was this one person? Well, that's kind of obvious, now isn't it? Their little brother, Kageyama Tobio. 

It was kind of strange, since they'd tease him all the time at home, about his bedhead, his strange tastes, etc. But they really cared for him. A lot. 

Trust me, not even Kuroo and Bokuto were allowed to mess with him, and if you asked them about it, they'd say, "They ought to have a sign with the words 'If I see even one of your nasty cells touching this previous child, you better be ready for arson tonight."

"Kenmaaa! What are you playing? I wanna see!" Kageyama jumped on his brother, who was sitting peacefully at his desk with his switch, completely ignoring the stares. 

"It's really the same game again, he likes it too much." Kuroo sighed, walking in. 

"Shut up, it's a good game. You're just salty because you've never beat me in it." Kenma rolled his eyes. 

"Yes, because you play video games 90% of your free time." Akaashi calmly said as he pulled Bokuto away from Kageyama. 

"Then let me play against you?" Kageyama held his hands out. 

"Sure, I suppose." Kenma handed him one of the controllers. 

They battled against each other, and after two rounds of losing, Kageyama finally won. 

"Yay! I beat him! Akaashi, look, look! Take that!" He happily showed the screen to his older brother. 

Kuroo and Bokuto's faces both twisted immediately, and Kuroo said in a low, betrayed tone, "You went easy on him....and slaughtered me......"

"He's my brother." Kenma shrugged, as if that answered all of their questions. 

Meanwhile,, Akaashi was giving Kageyama more tips on winning the story challenge of the game. 

===========

"I don't like places with lots of people..." Kenma muttered. 

For their final year of middle school, before Akaashi and Kenma would head onto their high schools and Kageyama would enter his final year of middle school, they decided to go to the summer festival. 

"We know, we know... Let's get some food first though, please?" Kageyama asked, and Akaashi agreed.

"Maybe some rice cakes, those are good. Over there." Akaashi pointed. 

Kenma agreed and they bought some, then headed to to the nearby park and settled on the benches, away from the loads of people. 

"We're going to be going to different middle schools, haa...." Kenma slowly ate his food. 

"We live in the same house." Akaashi blatantly answered. 

"Wow, not even thinking of the fact that you've just ditched your younger brother alone at middle school? Rude." Kageyama joked, making a fake annoyed face. 

"What, you're going to miss us? How not teenage-like." Akaashi teased. 

"Did not expect you to say that." Kenma said. 

"Well.....kinda?" Kageyama quietly mumbled. 

Akaashi ruffled his hair, before Kenma swatted his hand away.

"Drop it...." 

They turned away and smiled, while Kageyama was completely lost. 

==========

Also Kageyama in the Haikyuu Dub:

"DUMBASS!"

"GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!" 

"QUIT BEING NERVOUS OR I'LL KILL YOU."

"BECAUSE YOU NEED TO STAY IN YOUR LANE!"

"ARE YOU DUMB?"

"SHUT UP AND DO AS I SAY!"

"Weirdos? Are we?"

"I cannot understand a single word he's saying."

"I- WILL YOU JUST QUIT IT!?"

Just wanted to draw a fine line between the fact that even if Kageyama is awkward and precious, quiet sometimes, it's not far from the line to say that he's pretty savage and bold too.

And that's why we love him.