Insane

I couldn't sleep without thinking about this so uh, here you go.

If you're uncomfortable with stuff like violence, tragedies, and maybe a little cursing, I have cookies and cakes so feel free to take some while waiting for the next chapter 😊

For those who are fine with it, you can take some cookies and cakes too!

Based off of the first "What if" in that chapter.

There's a spoiler here, if you haven't read the manga.

----------------

Kageyama sat by the side of the hospital bed, staring blankly at the lifeless body lying in front of him.

"Tobio-"

"I know." He stood up, interrupting the nurse's words.

His grandfather was dead. How pitiful.

Behind him, he could hear the nurses gossiping about his current situation. His sister would have to start working, which meant he wouldn't have anyone with him anymore.

Just him and his thoughts. Alone.

But, he wasn't able to cry at all. He just watched the funeral with empty eyes.

When he returned to school, he dropped his "soft, innocent boy" act. He had a cold and slightly sarcastic attitude, which started to worry the teachers.

As for the volleyball team, they became "annoying, unneeded, backstabbing" people, as Kageyama called it. They talked about his new attitude behind his back, and constantly laughed about his fails.

"Damn, he thinks he's better than everyone now that Oikawa's left, huh."

"Hah, who does he think he is?"

"I know right? Gosh, what must his family think of him? Must hate him, don't they? Or they're probably dead because of him, fitting!"

Kageyama walked past the second years while they were talking about him, and hearing the last sentence, he made eye contact with one of them.

"Hiroto is your name?" He leaned in closer. "I'll remember you." He said so softly, only the other could hear his words.

He left just like that. The second year just laughed, mocking him.

And those would be the last things he'd ever do.

When the next day arrived, people were in a panicc.

"I heard Hiroto got into a car crash!"

"Yeah, but what was strange was that only his hands and wrists were shattered, and that there was such a perfect cut on his throat that he can't even talk anymore!"

Kageyama looked out the window, not giving a crap about the situation.

Weeks passed, and Kageyama was given a nickname. "King of the Court", was what they called him. His passive, cold, and harsh nature both on the court and in school earned him the title. Nobody questioned his skill as a setter, but as a human being and fellow student?

The treatment he got was nothing less of cruel. But did he care? Of course not, he'd just give them what they deserved.

Take today at practice for example. His passiveness caused a third year to snap at him. A hand was raised, but no one bothered to try to stop the third year. They just....watched.

'He's slow.' Kageyama simply moved out of the way before grabbing the boy's wrist and almost twisting it, if it weren't for the coach coming in to stop him.