🙏 𝑮𝒖𝒓𝒖 𝑮𝒐𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒉 𝑮𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒃 🙏

~ 🄹🄰🄽🅄🄰🅁🅈 20, 2021 ~

"Sarbans Dani", a popular name of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, literally means "the one who has sacrificed everything", and that is what the tenth guru of Sikhism, Guru Gobind Singh Ji did.

Starting from sacrificing his father's life, to his home, his hometown, his people, his sons, his mother, his wives, and then ultimately himself; since childhood he had been sacrificing all the important parts of his life, solely to protect and promote humanity and righteousness. And hence named, Sarbans Dani.

Apart from this, he is also called as Dasam Pita (the tenth father or the tenth Guru of Sikhs), Kalgidhar/Kalgian Wale (because he used to wear a kalgi on his turban), Baaja Wale (because he used to have a hawk as his pet which always stayed with him), and numerous more names because that's how his personality was. Infinite praises would also be less to appreciate each and every trait of his, be it his looks, or his heart.

"Chirian te main baaz tudaun,
Gidran to main sher banau,
Sawa lakh se ek ladau,
Tabhe Gobind Singh naam kahau."

This very famous quote by Guru Gobind Singh Ji literally means-
"I make hawks out of birds,
I make lions out of wolves,
I make one fight with a hundred lakhs,
And it is then, that I am called Gobind Singh."

Well, that's truly what Guru Gobind Singh Ji had done. He believed in inner strength and not what one appears to look from outside. He believed, that no matter how weak one looks from outside, it is only the self belief and self esteem that makes one stronger than the opposite side. He always made his disciples, his Singhs, capable enough, that even one Singh was capable of fighting a thousand, which was even proved, when his own elder sons killed hundreds of Mughal soldiers even in a brutally wounded state. He had made his Sikhs capable of winning a war, even if they had to fight with armies almost double their number.

Every year his birth anniversary is celebrated with full zeal and zest, and it is all worldwide. Nagar Kirtan (religious procession), Langar, Shabads, Gatka (martial art), all of these are a part of the celebrations of Gurpurab.

With this come the Gurpurab wishes from both the admins RRao_13 & Psr1403

Wishing the whole family of Yeh Un Dino Ki Baat Hai, a very Happy Gurpurab.
May the light of the sacrifices of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, instill in us, the value of righteousness, positivity, humanity and morals.

On the 13th of April, with the onset of Baisakhi, Guru Gobind Singh Ji had founded the Sikhism, the Khalsa Panth, which is now the fifth largest religion in the world. He did so, by baptizing 5 Sikhs (who are known as Panj Pyare), who were the most fearless and the most trustworthy. With that, he established the 5 kakaars of a Gursikh which include:
∆ Kes (full hair, i.e. a Sikh would never cut his/her hair from any part of the body)
∆ Kanga (a small comb, which a baptized Sikh is required to carry with him/her, which signifies that just like a comb is helpful in sorting out tangled hair, similarly this comb would signify that Sikhs have to sort out all the problems of any person who comes to them, irrespective of age, sex, colour, religion.
∆ Kada (a permanant bangle in the hand, this would always keep you in control and when you are wearing this bangle, you know that you don't have to perform any ill practice, i.e. this bangle would act as a fetter which would prohibit you from doing any ill work.)
∆ Kirpan (a small sword, for the protection of oneself as well as of the weak)
∆ Kachhera (an undergarment, symbolises the chastity of a sikh, it reminds the sikh of being faithful, it signifies a unity with God and loyalty towards married life and faithfulness to the person you accept as your partner)