🌻 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝑷𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒊 🌻

~ 🄵🄴🄱🅁🅄🄰🅁🅈 16, 2021 ~

As we all know, the king of all the seasons, i.e. the spring season is here, a season which awakens the blooms of nature. It is also said that it's nature's way of saying "let's party!"
We Indians celebrate it in the form of an auspicious occasion, the BASANT PANCHAMI, also known as Vasant Panchami. This day is dedicated to the goddess of knowledge, music and arts, goddess Saraswati. The day of Basant Panchami is considered as the beginning of life, the season of rebirth and renewal. The farmers celebrate the joy of harvest, which prominently includes the yellow mustard flowers, for yellow is known as the favourite colour of goddess Saraswati.

According to Hindu mythology the reason of celebrating Basant Panchami is as follows:

Once Lord Brahma was very happy with the creation of the whole world and hence wanted to see the whole world through his own eyes. Therefore, he set out on a journey. When he saw the world, he was disappointed with complete silence. Everyone on planet Earth appeared very lonely. Lord Brahma gave a lot of thought to what he had created.

He then took some water in his Kamandal and sprinkled it in air. An angel appeared from a tree. The angel had a harp in her hand. He requested her to play something so that everything on Earth was not silent. As a result, the angel started playing the harp. the angel blessed the people of the Earth with her voice. She also filled this planet with music. Since then, that angel came to be known as goddess Saraswati, the goddess of speech and knowledge. She is also known as Veena Vadini (harp player). It is believed that goddess Saraswati provided voice, intelligence, force and glory. Hence Basant Panchami is celebrated to rejoice the birth of goddess Saraswati.

UTTAR PRADESH
The occasion of Vasant Panchmi is celebrated with enthusiasm and vibrancy in the state of Uttar Pradesh. People worship goddess Saraswati by offering flowers and prayers in the temples. The idols of goddess Saraswati are adorned with lovely jewellery and yellow attire in the temples of different regions. Yellow colour plays a crucial role in the celebrations of this festival in these states as well. People wear yellow dresses to celebrate the beginning of the spring season. Also, the special sweet dishes prepared on this day are generally yellow in color like motichoor ladoos and saffron rice.

bhsh22 from Noida, Uttar Pradesh is here to share her wishes with you all.
Wishing my YUDKBH family a very happy Basant Panchami. May your day be as bright and beautiful as the sunshine brought by Maa Saraswati.
God bless you all.

Khamoshdil from Gurugram, Uttar Pradesh:
या कुन्देन्दुतुषारहारधवला या शुभ्रवस्त्रावृता।
या वीणावरदण्डमण्डितकरा या श्वेतपद्मासना॥
या ब्रह्माच्युत शंकरप्रभृतिभिर्देवैः सदा वन्दिता।
सा माम् पातु सरस्वती भगवती निःशेषजाड्यापहा!