👨‍🌾 𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒂𝒏 𝑫𝒊𝒘𝒂𝒔 👨‍🌾

~🄳🄴🄲🄴🄼🄱🄴🅁 23, 2021 ~

"Jiss mitti se bana insaan
Uss mitti ko jeevit karta hai ek Kisan
Sona ugle vo mitti, itni karta hai vo mehnat
Kaise na aayegi uske jeevan mein Khushiyo ki rangat."

"The discovery of agriculture was the first big step toward a civilized life." -Arthur Keith.
We all are obliged to the man generating the most basic and important essential of every rich and poor that is food, and the man behind this non other than our dear farmers who selflessly works in the farm field day and night to gain every grain that we get. Aren't we all supposed to pay our gratitude to these percious people in some way or the other. Hence to spread the awareness about the struggles and hard work of our farmers.

Farmers' Day is an annual observance in various countries to celebrate the national contributions of farmers and agriculturers. In India it is observed on December 23 to honour India's farmers and mark the birth anniversary of the nation's fifth prime minister, Choudhary Charan Singh.

National Farmers Day is celebrated every year, especially in those states which are actively engaged in farming, such as Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, among others. Farmers are the backbone of society. They are the ones who work around the clock and all the year to ensure that people don't starve and die of hunger, but they themselves struggle for 2 square meals a day. Therefore, to promote awareness, to help and reward farmers for their contribution to society, Farmers day is celebrated every year.

In 2001, the government decided to recognise Choudhary Charan Singh's contribution to the agriculture sector and welfare of farmers by celebrating his birth anniversary as Kisan Diwas.
Since then, December 23 has been observed as National Farmers' Day. Generally, awareness campaigns and drives are organised across the country to educate people on the role of farmers and their contribution to the economy.
Who was Chaudhary Charan Singh and what was his connection with farmers.

Chaudhary Charan Singh, who briefly served as prime minister between 1979 and 1980, is widely regarded as one of the country's most famous peasant leaders. He was known for his pioneering work to promote the welfare of farmers and the agricultural sector.
Charan Singh was no stranger to the struggles faced by the Indian farmer. He was born in to a middle-class peasant family in Uttar Pradesh on December 23, 1902. Greatly influenced by the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, he took an active part in the fight for independence. After that, his political career largely focused on socialism in rural India.

Charan Singh served twice as chief minister of India's biggest agrarian state, Uttar Pradesh, where he played a major role in shaping land reforms. He was behind several major farmer-forward Bills, including the Land Utilisation Bill of 1939 and the Debt Redemption Bill in 1939.

While serving as agriculture minister in 1952, he led UP in its efforts to abolish the zamindari system. In fact, he went on to draft the UP Zamindari and Land Reforms Bill himself.

On 23 December, 1978, he founded the Kisan Trust - a non-political, non-profit making body - with the aim of educating India's rural masses against injustice, and fostering solidarity among them.

Chaudhary Charan Singh followed the famous slogan - "JAI JAWAN JAI KISAN", which was given to the farmers by Lal Bahadur Shastri, the second Prime Minister of India.
However this year Kisan Diwas is celebrated in some different ways such as:
This year, Kisan Diwas is being observed amidst farmers' protests against the Centre's three contentious agricultural reform laws. Farmers believe the laws will promote private investment in the agriculture sector. Several also fear the deregulation will end up hurting small and poor farmers by weakening the government's Minimum Support Price (MSP) system.

Addressing a press conference last week, farmer leader Rakesh Tikait urged people to support farmers by not cooking lunch for a day on Kisan Diwas. On Monday, farmers observed a day-long relay hunger strike at protest sites in Delhi, including at the Singhu border.

Several farmers also reportedly visited 'Kisan Ghat', the memorial Charan Singh, to pay their respects on the occasion.

Dharti hai Maa kehte hai ye saare
Par Dharti ko vo maan bas dete hai Kisan pyaare
Khud bhukha rahenge
Din raat mehnat karenge
Apne desh ke bandhuo ke ghar anaaj pohche uski taiyaari tak karenge
Bas itna kehna hai ae ishwar tumse
Jo kar rahe pure desh ki bhukh ki chinta
Unhe kabhi bhukha na rakhna
Unhe kabhi bhukha na rakhna!

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚢: mahi2325
𝚀𝚞𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝙱𝚢: shivu-930901
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚢: RRao_13