🙏 𝑮𝒖𝒓𝒖 𝑮𝒐𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒉 𝑮𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒃 2022 🙏

~ 🄹🄰🄽🅄🄰🅁🅈 09, 2022 ~

"Ehsaas hai aap ji de sadkarma da,
Ichha hai aap ji da saath sada paan di,
Pyaar bana rahe Waheguru da sab te,
Gobind naal jode rakhan di hi ardaas hai sab di..."

A wise man once said, “The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within.” This one quote became the guiding light of lakhs of people and brought them all to follow the path of this majestically wise man- Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru of Sikhs and the founder of Khalsa Panth.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's birth anniversary, also known as Prakash Purab, is celebrated across the world with great fervour and enthusiasm as it holds a special significance in Sikhism and is considered one of their most auspicious festivals.

This year marks the 354th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He was the only son of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, the ninth Guru of Sikhs and his wife Mata Gujri Ji. His name by birth was kept to be Gobind Rai and he was born in Patna, Bihar to a Sodhi Khatri family. When he was merely nine years of age, his father, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji was killed by Aurangzeb for refusing to convert to Islam. Following his father’s death, Guru Gobind Singh Ji took over as the leader and protector of the Sikhs and continued to fight against the injustices done to the world, specially at the hands of the Mughals.

In 1699, Guru Gobind Singh Ji established the Khalsa Panth, changing his name from Gobind Rai to Gobind Singh henceforth, and then initiated the Five K’s tradition of the Khalsa Panth- Kesh (uncut hair), Kangha (a wooden comb), Kara (an iron or steel bracelet worn on the wrist), Kripan (a sword or dagger) and Kacchera (short breeches).

Every year, on this auspicious occasion of his birth anniversary, people from all the religions along with Sikhs around the world go to visit Gurudwaras where prayer meetings are organised in the honour of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Many families participate in processions organised by the Gurudwaras, hold kirtans and do seva, which is a significant part of the Sikh religion. Food is also distributed among the needy and poor on this day.

As we all at FamiliaDeYUDKBH extend our gratitude to him for sacrificing his life and family for the good of the world, our community members have gathered here to extend their warm wishes to you all. Some in their special native languages too. ❤️

shivu-930901 :

Guru Gobind Singh ji ke jeo Sikh samaj na dasma guru thay chukya Che, teo ek kavi, ek yoddha ane Tattvagyani pan hata. Sikhism mate aemne je pan yogdan aapyu Che ae shabdo ma varnavu to ghanu kathin Che, chata aapde aava ek yogdan vise vaat karye to ae Che Khalsa ni shodh karvi. Aavaj anek sara karyo aemne karya jethi aaje pan ae loko na mann ma vase Che. Aapde Guru Gobind Singh ji ni janm tithi par aavo aemne pranam pathvye. 🌼