🎂 𝑫𝒆𝒍𝒉𝒊𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒅𝒊 🎂

~ 🄾🄲🅃🄾🄱🄴🅁 22, 2021 ~

We all hate villains and just wish their role to end, but we always fail to realise their importance. Villains help our leads to fight against all odds and bring a twist in the story which keeps the viewers engaged. Because of only them, our hero and heroine separate and realise each other's importance eventually making their understanding increase. Villains are hence, as important in a story as hero and heroine, or maybe even more than that.

Today, as we plan to cherish the villains of YUDKBH, the only name which comes in our mind first is of the most entertaining villain in the entire show whose presence we surely missed after her role was brought to an end- our Delhi wali Dadi, the senior most Somani.

Remembering Kitu Gidwani aka the Wig Waali Dadi on her very special day, her birthday. 

Come on, who out of us doesn’t miss her? She was a twist, yet sort of entertainment in the entire Delhi track. Because of her only, Vishaka and Sameer came closer. She always tried to hurt Sameer and Vishaka stood for her son which helped Sameer to realise how much wrong he was about his own mother. Where as Vishaka got a clear image as to why and how Sameer started bearing all the rude behaviour of Dadi which resulted her in realising how much her son loves her. Moreover... because of her only, Sameer got separated from Naina and she made him realise how endlessly she loved him and how wrong he was that he thought if he leaves her, she will be alive. Her soul will die the day he leaves her, which eventually tied our Samaina in an even stronger bond.

How great of an actor she is, is completely witnessed through the way she plays the role of Dadi. Whenever we saw her doing her role, we never felt it was just for a show because ut all looked so real, as if it was just happening in front of us.

Kaushalya "Kitu" Gidwani, born on 22nd October 1967, is an Indian actress and model. She has starred in several movies and serials on Indian television. Born in Mumbai, her Sindhi parents migrated from Pakistan after the partition. She studied in Fort Convent School, Mumbai and her post graduation days saw her interest in French, making her start acting in French plays. Soon, she was seen acting in English plays directed by Janak Toprani. She acted in some television serials and subsequently very few people know that she also got to act in a French film, Black (1987) where she played the role of a Brazilian girl. She got immense popularity with her playing a role in 1997 Hindi Television show ‘Shaktimaan’.

As a child, Kitu Gidwani, as said by her in her old interviews, was a restless and hyper girl. She felt suppressed at times. And then acting came her way, and Kitu found the outlet to express herself.

She made her television debut in 1984 with the TV soap Trishna, and during the 1980s and '90s she gave some memorable performances in TV shows like Swabhimaan, Air Hostess and Junoon. She caught a lot of attention after her kissing scene in bed with actor Tom Alter in Junoon. In 1997, she was doing four serials at one time, besides Swabhimaan and Junoon, she was also acting in Saahil, Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum. She recently appeared in multi-starrer Hindi serials Kaashish and Kulvadhu.

She also did a play, Sock ’em With Honey, where she played a traditional Parsi woman from Pakistan, whose daughter falls in love with a Jew, prompting her first trip abroad. In 1997, she played the role of a Hindustani classical singer, Pallavi in Dance of the Wind. The role won her the Best Actress Award at Three Continents Festival, Nantes in 1988. In Pankaj Butalia's Shadows in the Dark, she played Lajma, a middle-aged woman living in present-day Pakistan. In 2001, in conjunction with Wills Lifestyle, an apparel chain owned by ITC Limited, she promoted Wills Sport Lifestyle brand of clothing. In 2006, she also acted in a play, Your Place or Mine by Darshan Jariwala. In the 2010s, she played small roles in Fashion, Dhobi Ghat and Student of the Year.

She is called ‘Gidy’ by her family and friends. She loves dancing and listening to music in her free time. She is a trained tap dancer.

While today's generation may know Kitu Gidwani for her roles in Fashion, Dhobi Ghat, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Student Of The Year, Ok Jaanu, and the most recent one being the Netflix original Ghost Stories, she was a popular face on Indian television during her formative years, having been seen in memorable serials like Air Hostess, Swabhimaan and Junoon. People who have grown up watching Doordarshan still remember Kitu for her free-spirited and ambitious woman roles.

She has also been a passionate animal activist. If we see her Instagram , we can see how fond she is of animals.

Today, we all at FamiliaDeYUDKBH  feel so so so proud of our Wig Wali Dadi for being such an immaculate personality with so many talents which we found out while studying about her for this update

Today, we all at FamiliaDeYUDKBH  feel so so so proud of our Wig Wali Dadi for being such an immaculate personality with so many talents which we found out while studying about her for this update. She has been one of the most prominent characters of our show Yeh Un Dino Ki Baat Hai and no one could have performed this character better than her. We wish her all the very best for all her future endeavours and wish her a very good health for a lifetime.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚢: 112313parnika
𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚢: pahul_gpk
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚢: RRao_13