🌾 𝑩𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒉𝒊 🌾

~ 🄰🄿🅁🄸🄻 13, 2021 ~

~ 🄰🄿🅁🄸🄻 13, 2021 ~

Vaisakhi, also pronounced as Baisakhi is observed mainly by Hindus and Sikhs. It marks the beginning of the Hindu solar New year. Vaisakhi marks the first day of the month of Vaisakha, is usually celebrated on 13th or 14th April every year and is a historical and religious festival in Hinduism and Sikhsim. It is additionally a spring harvest festival for many Indians.

For Hindus, the festival is their traditional solar new year, a harvest festival, an occasion to bath in sacred rivers such as Ganges, Jhelum, and Kaveri, visit temples, meet friends and take part in other festivities. In other parts of India, the Vaisakhi festival is known by various regional names.

Vaisakhi is also a historical and religious festival in Sikhism. It is usually celebrated on 13 or 14 April every year.  For Sikhs, Vaisakhi observes major events in the history of Sikhism and the Indian subcontinent that happened in the Punjab region. The significance of Vaisakhi as a major Sikh festival marking the birth of Sikh order started after the persecution and execution of Guru Tegh Bahadur for refusing to convert to Islam under the orders of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. This triggered the coronation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru of Sikhism and the historic formation of Khalsa, both on the Vaisakhi day. Ranjit Singh was proclaimed as Maharaja of the Sikh Empire on 12 April 1801 (to coincide with Vaisakhi), creating a unified political state. Vaisakhi was also the day when the British colonial empire official, General Reginald Dyer, committed the Jallianwala Bagh massacre at a gathering, an event influential to the Indian movement against colonial rule.

H I N D U I S M

The first day of Vaisakh marks the solar new year. It is the New Year's Day for Hindus in Assam, Bengal, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Kerala, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and other parts of India. However, this is not the universal new year for all Hindus. It is regionally known by many names among the Hindus, though the festivities and its significance is similar. It is celebrated by Hindus bathing in sacred rivers, as they believe that river goddess Ganges descended to earth on Vaisakhi from Svarga.

S I K H I S M

Vaisakhi is a very important day for Sikhs and one of the most colourful events in the Sikh calendar. It occurs during mid-April every year and traditionally concurs in Punjab with the first harvesting of the crops for the year. Historically, the festival has been a very joyous occasion and a time for celebration. Especially since 1699, as it marked the very significant religious event of the creation of the Khalsa Panth or the transfer of Sikhism from just a belief to a proper religion.

It is on this day that the 10th Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh Ji laid down the foundation of the Panth Khalsa, that is the order of the Pure Ones, by baptizing Sikh warriors to defend the religious freedoms of oneself and others. This gave rise to the Vaisakhi or Baisakhi festival being observed as a celebration of Khalsa Panth Formation and is also known as Khalsa Sirjana Divas and Khalsa Sajna Divas.

It is celebrated with utmost zeal and zest amongst all the Sikhs worldwide by annual gatherings, free food service (langar), reciting hymns, religious processions and usually other Sikhs prefer to get baptized on this day only which is known as Amrit Sanchar.

FamiliaDeYUDKBH  wishes all the people a very Happy Baisakhi, and understands that this festival holds a lot many significances in other cultures, specially in the subheads of Hinduism, but we have highlighted the most important aspects only, not to make it boring for the readers.

Before we end, pahul_gpk is here with a small message from her side.

Hey people! Sorry for coming out of nowhere suddenly, but I was a little extra happy today, so just thought of sharing it with you people.

Actually, it's technically my birthday today. The meaning of my name 'Pahul', is the sacred sweet liquid or amrit which we Sikhs drink while getting baptized or during Amrit Sanchar. It was prepared for the first time by Guru Gobind Singh Ji on this very date when he made 5 men drink this liquid with some other things, thus marking the establishment of Sikhism.

Therefore, it is always said that "Guru Gobind Singh Ji ne pehli baar Pahul aaj ke din banai thi." and hence, my family considers it as the birth of my existence, which might seem weird and stupid to you all, but yes, that's a very sweet and special thing for me too see my family being so considerate even towards my name.

So we, amongst all other Sikh families, celebrate this day a little more happily and some of the rituals this day are carried out by me only, as my family takes up the responsibility of pampering me a little extra, for it's my second birthday (as we celebrate it as).

So ya, this was a small portion of my happiness which I decided to share with you all. Sorry for wasting your time. Happy Baisakhi everyone!

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚢: __wandering__
𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚢: pahul_gpk
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚢: RRao_13