🌹Mahavir Jayanti🌹

~🄰🄿🅁🄸🄻 14, 2022~

~🄰🄿🅁🄸🄻 14, 2022~

"Janam liya ek Raaj (Raja-King) ke aangan
Par chaka chaund na hoi Mann bhaavan
Dhundhan vo Mann prafulit ho aesa aangan
Nikale raaj mahal ko tyaagan
Jain dharam ke aur ruchi laga kar
Karne lage Dhyan barabar
Baar varsh kathor tap karke
Prapt kiya kevala jnana"

"In happiness and suffering, in joy and grief we should regard all creatures as we regard our own self"-Lord Mahavira

Mahavir jayanti also known as Mahavir Janma Kalyanak is one of the most important religious festivals in Jainism. It celebrates the birth of Mahavir, the twenty-fourth and last Tirthankara of present Avasarpiṇī. Mahavir Jayanti usually falls in March or April, as per the Gregorian calendar. It also marks the 13th 'sunday of the Chaitra month of the Jain calendar.

According to Digambar and Swetambara school of Jainism, Lord Mahavir was born as the son of King Siddhartha and Queen Trishala. He was born on the 13th day in the month of Chaitra in 599 BCE or 615 BCE, It is believed that he was born in a place called "Ahalya bhumi" which was not ploughed for hundreds of years. At the age of 30, Lord Mahavir is said to have abandoned all worldly possessions in pursuit of spiritual awakening. He practiced intense meditation and austerity for 12 years before attaining "Kevala Jnana" or omniscience. He is believed to have been a contemporary of Gautam Buddha.

Lord Mahavir taught the vows of ahimsa, satya, asteya, brahmacharya, and aparigraha. His teachings were compiled by his chief disciple, Indrabhuti Gautama, as the Jain Agamas.

Mahavir Jayanti is an auspicious occasion for the Jain community. Followers visit the temples and offer ceremonial bath, known as 'abhishek', to Mahavira's idol. The temples are lavishly decorated with flags to mark the birth anniversary of Lord Mahavira. Majestic chariot processions are also carried out with the images followed by millions of devotees while chanting prayers. Traditional dishes are prepared on this particular day and alms are offered to the poor. Sermons are also held in shrines or temples to preach the philosophy of spiritual freedom and virtue. Important chapters from the life of Mahavira are read out to the devotees that also contain biographies of Jain Tirthankars.

"Jain dharm ke hai ye thirthankar
Jainism ke adyatmik guru hai bane
Hai ye din bahaut hi khas har jain ke liye
Karte hai har jain inka bahaut hi sammaan
Aese hai hamare Vo Mahavir Bhagwan"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝: mahi2325
𝚀𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜: shivu-930901
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛: RRao_13