🌾Baisakhi🌾

~🄰🄿🅁🄸🄻 14, 2022~

~🄰🄿🅁🄸🄻 14, 2022~

"Baisakhi aayi sang apne rang birange se dher saare sapne aur khushiyan le aayi,
Toh kis baat ki hain deri ab bhai laao dhol baje aur khub sari mithaai.
Din hain yeh bemisaal aur raatein bhi hain laajawab ,
Mauka hain aur dastur bhi hain man ki yeh reet aur dil se judi hain iski preet."

It is on this day (in 1699) that the tenth Guru, Gobind Singh Ji, laid the foundation of the Khalsa Panth, which is why Baisakhi or Vaisakhi is celebrated with great reverence by Sikhs. It is also known as the Sikh New Year's celebration.

For Sikhs, in addition to its significance as the harvest festival, during which Sikhs hold kirtans, visit local Gurdwaras, community fairs, hold nagar kirtan processions, raise the Nishan Sahib flag, and gather to socialize and share festive foods,Vaisakhi observes major events in the history of Sikhism and the Indian subcontinent that happened in the Punjab region. 

This holiday also is known as Vaisakha Sankranti, based on the Hindu Vikram Samvat calendar, and is known by various regional names in other parts of India. For many Hindu communities, the festival is an occasion to ritually bathe in sacred rivers such as Ganges, Jhelum, and Kaveri, visit temples, meet friends, take part in other festivities, and perform a mandatory daan (charity) especially of hand fans, water pitchers and seasonal fruits. Community fairs are held at Hindu pilgrimage sites. In many areas, processions of temple deities are taken out.

Punjab

Fairs and melas are held in many places in Punjab to celebrate the formation of the Khalsa. According to Dogra and Dogra (2003), "an annual fair is held at Takht Kesgarh Sahib on Baisakhi day". A procession is lead through the city of Anandpur to mark the occasion. Other important places where large gatherings take place are Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar and Takht Sri Damdama Sahib, Talwandi Sabo. A special celebration takes place at Talwandi Sabo (where Guru Gobind Singh stayed for nine months and completed the recompilation of the Guru Granth Sahib), in the Gurudwara at Anandpur Sahib the birthplace of the Khalsa, and at the Golden Temple in Amritsar.Celebrations include performing the martial art of Gatka using swords, sticks and daggers.

Himachal Pradesh
A large number of Sikhs visit Paonta Sahib on the festival of Vaisakhi. According to Sahi (1999), Paonta Sahib "was the abode of Guru Gobind Singh Ji for a couple of years." Paanta Sahib Gurdwara is in Sirmaur district in Himachal Pradesh. The site is located near the river Yamuna. The tricentenary celebrations to mark the birth of the Khalsa were started from Paanta Sahib Gurdwara in 1999.

Jammu
Gurdwara Dera Nangali Sahib in Jammu was established in 1803. The Gurdwara is situated in the Poonch district of Jammu. An annual gathering takes place at the gurdwara on the on Baisakhi when many people participate in the day-long function of Baisakhi. Dera Nangali Sahib is known as a centre for Sikhism in Jammu. The other important gurdwara is the Dera Baba Banda which is dedicated to Banda Bahadur. The gurdwara is located near Reasi. Baisakhi celebrations take place at this Dera. 

Haridwar
Vaisakhi is the day when some Hindus allegedly believe River Goddess Ganga descended on earth from heaven. One of the largest Vaisakhi fair in India is held at Haridwar, which is an important Hindu pilgrimage following the conquerings by Misl leder Bhagel Singh. Around 50 lakhs (5 million) pligrims throng Brahm Kund in Haridwar to take a dip in Ganga river on this festival.

United Kingdom
The United Kingdom has a large Sikh community originating from the Indian sub-continent, East Africa and Afghanistan. The largest concentrations of Sikhs in the UK are to be found in the West Midlands (especially Birmingham and Wolverhampton) and London. The Southall Nagar Kirtan is held on a Sunday a week or two before Vaisakhi. The Birmingham Nagar Kirtan is held in late April in association with Birmingham City Council, and is an annual event attracting thousands of people which commences with two separate nagar kirtans setting off from gurdwaras in the city and culminating in the Vaisakhi Mela at Handsworth Park. 

Malaysia
The Sikh community, a subgroup of the Malaysian Indian ethnic minority race, is an ethnoreligious minority in Malaysia, which is why Vaisakhi is not a public holiday. However, in line with the government's efforts to promote integration among the country's different ethnic and religious groups, the prime minister, Najib Razak has announced that beginning 2013, all government servants from the Sikh Malaysian Indian community will be given a day off on Vaisakhi Day. Vaisakhi 'open houses' are also held across the country during the day of the festival, or the closest weekend to it.

We, FamiliaDeYUDKBH, wishes all YUDKBHians a festival of harvest with love and joy. Hope god bless you with the best, Happy Baisakhi.

"Aayi hain baisakhi jhum ke saare naacho gaao,
Bhul ke saare ghum aur chinta baisakhi ka jashan manao.
Naya safar yeh Nayi pehar hain,
Aane ko ek nayi sehar hain .
Bajte hain aaj har ek dil ke kone me dhol aur sitaar,
Bhangda paa ke mere yaar dil khol ke kar le baisakhi ke is din se pyaar."

───✰✰✰✰✰───

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝: 112313parnika
𝚀𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜: its_rithya
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛: RRao_13