☀️ 𝑪𝒉𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝑷𝒖𝒋𝒂 ☀️

~ 🄽🄾🅅🄴🄼🄱🄴🅁 10, 2021 ~

"Dilo me ho sabke dher saara pyaar,
Chhath Puja laaye aapki zindagi mein khushiyan apaar...
Muradein ho puri sabki Chhath Maiyaa ke haath,
Mubarak ho aap sabko yeh chatt ka Pavan tyohaar."

Chhath is an ancient Hindu Vedic festival, historically native to the Indian subcontinent, more specifically, the Indian states of Bihar, eastern Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand and the southern parts of Nepal. Prayers during Chhath Puja are dedicated to the solar deity, Surya, to show gratitude and thankfulness for bestowing the bounties of life on earth and to request the granting of certain wishes.

Chhathi Maiya, the mother goddess and the Sun's sister, is worshipped as the Goddess of the festival. According to Vedic astrology, Chhathi Maiya or Chhathi Mata protects the offspring and provides longevity to them. It is celebrated six days after Diwali, on the sixth day of the lunar month of Karthika (October-November) in the Hindu calendar Vikram Samvat. The rituals are observed over four days. They include holy bathing, fasting and abstaining from drinking water, standing in water, and offering prasad and arghya to the setting and rising sun. Some devotees also perform a prostration march as they head for the river banks.

Environmentalists have claimed that the festival of Chhath is one of the most eco-friendly religious festivals

Environmentalists have claimed that the festival of Chhath is one of the most eco-friendly religious festivals. Moreover, it's arguably one of the very few Hindu festivals that transcend the caste system which emerged in the post-Vedic period. All devotees prepare similar prasada and offerings. Although the festival is observed most elaborately in the southern region of Nepal and the Indian states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand, it is also prevalent in areas where the migrants from those areas have a presence. It is celebrated in all the northern regions and major northern urban centers in India. Hundreds and thousands of people celebrate it in Mumbai as well.

In the Hindu religion, the Shashthi Devi has also been known as Manas, Daughter of Brahma. In the Puranas, she is also said to be the mother Katyayani, who is worshipped on Navratri on the Shashti date. Shashthi Devi is said to be Chhath Maiya in the local language of Bihar. However, there is no evidence of celebrating Chhath Puja in the holy Vedas. Therefore, it is not a scripture-based practice. And infact, according to the Bhagavad Gita Adhyay 6 Shlok 16, fasting is incorrect.