🪖 𝑨𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝑫𝒂𝒚 2022 🪖

~ 🄹🄰🄽🅄🄰🅁🅈 15, 2022 ~

"Our Flag does not fly because the wind moves it,
It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it."

Who doesn't know about Army? Who doesn't love and idolise our soldiers? The fact that they selflessly serve our nation. Their country and its people are their one and only priority and this cause of their living makes us adore them and get inspired from them even more.

If I get martyred, in the war zone,
Don't cry, box me up and send me back home.
Put all my medals on my chest.
Dear mother, I gave my best.

Now my dad, you won't shout,
I finally made you proud
My brother, do study perfectly
Finally, my keys are your permanently.

My sister, please don't be upset.
After all, you are my favourite cadet.
Oh! My love, please don't cry.
I hate those tears coming out of your eye.
It's time for us to bid goodbye.
I am a soldier, born to die.

India is celebrating its 74th Army Day this year. Each year on this day, the soldiers of the army are honoured, who have served the nation selflessly and have set the greatest example of brotherhood. This day is celebrated at all the Army Command Headquarters.

Why January 15?

On April 1, 1895, the Indian Army was officially established. However, in 1949, once India got its independence, the Army got its first chief. It was on this historical day, the formal handing over of the Indian Army took place. General Sir Francis Butcher handed over the baton to Lieutenant General KM Cariappa.

In 1947, in the war against Pakistan on the western border, Lt. Gen. Cariappa led the Indian Army. On January 14, 1986, he became the second highest ranking officer in the Indian Army when he received the title of Field Marshal of India.

How is Army day celebrated?

Army Day is a grand celebration for not just all the Martyrs, Veterans and all the soldiers serving in Indian Army, but also for each and every citizen of this country. The Army Parade is held every year in Parade ground, Delhi Cantonment.

NOTICABLE ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE
INDIAN ARMY

1. The Indian army controls the highest battlefield in the world, the Siachen Glacier, which is 5000 metres above sea level.

2. The Indian army has the biggest 'voluntary' military force in the world.

3. The Bailey bridge, the highest altitude bridge in the world, is built by the Indian army.

4. We also have a horsed cavalry regiment, one of the last 3 remaining in the world.

5. The Indian army has never initiated the first attack or engaged in a military coup to gain power or govern a nation.

6. India ranks 4th in the list of global fire power, next only to USA, Russia and China.

7. Agni and Prithvi are the two most accurate nuclear-capable basaltic missiles in the world in their respective categories.

8. As part of the Operation Rahat, the Indian army evacuated many people the massive flood in Uttarakhand. It was one of the biggest civilian rescue operations ever carried out in the world.

9. The Indian Army's High Altitude Warfare School (HAWS) is considered as one of the most elite training centers in the world.

10. Indian army also has an outstation base in Tajakistan.

11. According to the Global Fire Power Index 2017, India's army is considered the world's fourth strongest army.

This year also has something more special. The Indian Army will have a new combat uniform for its personnel aimed to provide more comfort and sustainability. It has been developed in association with the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). The decision to bring out the new combat dress for the force was taken at the Army Commanders' Conference last year. The soldiers will not have to tuck in the dress. In the new uniform, the belt will be under the dress. The changes have been introduced to the uniform to make it more comfortable for women as well.

So let's celebrate this auspicious day and pay tribute to our soldiers. Let's give them all the love and respect they deserve. Let's pay tribute to all those families who are strong enough to send their kids away from them for the country. Let's give respect to their sacrifices, let's pay respect to all our Martyrs and Veterans.

"Sarhad pe vo hai khada datkar,
Kar raha dushman ka saamna...
Apne desh ke liye jo na karta apni parvaah,
Aisa to hoga bas ek veer yodhha..."

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚢: 112313parnika
𝚀𝚞𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝙱𝚢: 112313parnika & shivu-930901
𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚢: pahul_gpk
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚢: RRao_13