🎂 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑫𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒌𝒂 🎂

~ 🄽🄾🅅🄴🄼🄱🄴🅁 6, 2021 ~

The rays of the sun emerged through the foggy layer of winter. It was a peaceful morning and as usual, the Delhi city was all geared up to start its day. And in a posh colony of the national capital, a big white mansion stood with all its glory. Unlike other days, today was a very special day for the Somani family. All the family members were up early, running  around, each one engrossed in one or the other work. Vishakha was happily cooking all the favourite dishes of a special person while Vivek was busy on the phone strictly instructing someone. As for Dadi, instead of following her morning exercise routine, she was making Keshav run around completing all the household work, scolding him for his silly mistakes. Having changed all the cushion covers and curtains of the house, Keshav exhaled a tired breath leaning on a side table and accidentally his elbow knocked at an expensive vase causing it to tumble down. Vivek, who was standing beside the table almost jumped as the vase crashed down near his feet.

"Ye kya kiya tumne Keshav? Mera imported vase tod diya, akkal hai ya nahi, tumhe pata bhi hai kitna mehenga hai ye?" Vivek glared at him as he muttered his apologies fearfully.

Dadi walked towards them with a scornful expression, "Bobby tum bhi kaisi baatein karte ho? Agar ise akkal hoti to ye yahan naukaro ke kaam kyu karta aur tu bewakuf kitni baar kaha hai dhyaan se kaam kiya karo..."

She was interrupted by a sweet voice, "Relax dadi, vase hi to hai, replace kar lenge, lekin agar aap aise hi chillati rahi to wo uth jayegi aur saara surprise kharab hojayega." Rohon came towards them, greeting his dad and grandma with a beaming smile, immediately diverting their mind and narrowed his eyes at Keshav indicating him to clean up the mess.

"Good morning Rohan" Vishaka walked in with his glass of juice. He hugged her, cheerfully wishing, "Good morning Mumma."

"Aur aap logon ne ye kya taam jhaam faila rakha hai ghar mein, yaad haina humne kya decide kiya tha, agar vo ye sab dekhegi to pakka shak hojayega use." Vishakha reprimanded them.

"Are koi shak nahi hoga tum tension mat lo hum sab sambhal lenge. Meri princess ka birthday hai, koi kami nahi hogi." Vivek gave a wide a smile.

"Acha Mumma apne phone..." They continued discussing about the upcoming celebration and clearing the house to avoid any suspicion. Their conversion ceased as they heard a flip flop sound indicating the arrival of the much awaited person.

They quickly dispersed, taking their respective positions. Dadi sat on the couch grabbing her cup of tea, Vivek pulled on his coat and sat on the dinning table pretending to hurriedly finish his breakfast which Vishakha was serving him and Rohan hid behind the stairs waiting for her to come down so that he could run back to his room without getting noticed.

The said person arrived and stood in the middle of the hall placing her hands on her waist and looked at each one of them with expectant eyes but none of them seamed to look at her. This confused her. "Today was her birthday, weren't they supposed to wish her and pamper her, fulfilling all her wishes like every year? Did they forget her birthday?" She wondered, and then she heard Dadi's buttery voice, "Arey uth gayi meri bachi, yaha aao Dadi ke pass."