🐄 𝑮𝒐𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑷𝒖𝒋𝒂 🐄

Many of you must be thinking that Diwali is over

Many of you must be thinking that Diwali is over. But no, its not. As we mentioned yesterday, Diwali is the festival of five days, and each day marks its own ambience. And the fourth day of Diwali embarks the gratitude one should always have for the mother nature.

On the auspicious occasion of Govardhan Puja or Bali Padwa, we at FamiliaDeYUDKBH wishe you all a very gracious Govardhan Puja.

"Har khushi aapke dwaar aaye,
Jo aap maange, usse adhik paayein..
Govardhan Puja mein Krishna gun gaayein,
Aur yeh tyohaar, khushi se manaayein.."

We all, irrespective of our culture, have listened to the stories of Krishna since our childhoods. The stories which give us the resemblance of Krishna being Ornery, Prankster, Altruistic, Beloved and Philanthropic. And one such story tells us about his Altruistic nature. The story of Govardhan.

This story is heard by most of us and to commemorate the Tale of the Govardhan Parvat and Baal Krishna, the festival of Govardhan Puja is celebrated every year on the first lunar day of
Shukla Paksha in Hindu Calendar month of Karthik. It started from Brijbhoomi and gradually became prevalent throughout India.

"Every festival comes with the incentive for celebrating it and that incentive always vouchsafes us new perspectives towards life

"Every festival comes with the incentive for celebrating it and that incentive always vouchsafes us new perspectives towards life."

The origin of the Govardhan Puja is described in Bhagwat Purana. During the autumn season, people of Braj
used to pay homage to the Hindu Lord of rain and storm- Lord Indra. However, Lord Krishna suggested against it, stating that Govardhan Mountain should be worshipped instead as it provided numerous natural resources for the livelihood to the dwellers of Braj. The citizens of Braj agreed to follow the same which infuriated Lord Indra. In the fury of getting replaced, he caused heavy rain and storms for over a week in Braj, resulting in heavy floods. Lord Krishna, to save his people and to break the pride of Indra, raised the giat Govardhan Mountain, or Parvat as they say, on his little finger for seven days straight, and protected the people of Gokul from Indra. Because of this, Indra had to accept his defeat and stop the rains and storms ignited by him. After the incident, Krishna was also given the name "Giridhari", the one who can carry mountain.