💜 Tomoko Time 💙

Tomoko is one of the best JoJo moms and no one can tell me otherwise.

Tomoko knocked on her son's bedroom door twice, waited three seconds, and then barged in.

"Josuke, it's midday already, get your ass off the bed!"

Josuke groaned and just turned around in his bed, pulling the covers over his head. "You are just like Okuyasu!"

She rolled her eyes and pulled the covers from her overly grown child, leaving him in boxer briefs and socks. "I certainly hope not! Those were not motherly kisses he was giving you during the hanabi last night!"

Josuke rolled around towards his mother, hugging the nearest pillow to cover himself and letting out a scandalised gasp. "MOM!"

"Boy, you have nothing I haven't seen before! Now get up and get ready, you are getting a late breakfast/early lunch combo!"

Josuke pushed his blushing face harder against the pillow. "Did you actually see Okuyasu and me kiss?"

Tomoko turned to look at his son with a soft smile. "Josuke, I don't blame you if you weren't ready to tell me about your evolving relationship yet. But be sure to know that I support you both one hundred percent!"

Josuke raised his face so quickly that he heard his neck crack. "Okuyasu and I are not a couple!"

Tomoko looked at her son with a serious expression on her beautiful face. "Josuke, my son, I know you are not leading that poor boy on."

"O-of course not, mom!" Here Josuke looked indignant.

"So you love him?" She smiled.

"Yes." He said this very softly, hugging his pillow tighter. But his mom heard him perfectly.

She walked towards her son, and touched his cheek. "Then what's wrong?"

"We are best friends, mom. I don't want to ruin that." He sighed.

Tomoko raised an eyebrow. "Call me old-fashioned, kid, but friends usually don't French kiss."

Josuke groaned. "We were drunk!"

"What?" Tomoko deadpanned.

"I mean, we sipped some sake and the hanabi was intense for Okuyasu because he haven't got to see one so close and with friends and Rohan gave us the sake really he's a corruptor of minors you should sue him he's loaded he can take it--" Tomoko put a hand over his mouth.

"Josuke, breath." He did just that. "Now tell me what happened without throwing this Rohan under the bus."

"OK, we did sip some sake but we weren't near that drunk. It was just a tiny amount. Like when grandpa used to let me try after a fancy meal." At this Tomoko smiled softly. The pain was still there. "I mean we practise kissing sometimes, but I used the alcohol as an excuse to, erm, live it up? Okuyasu didn't seem to mind so..."

"Practice? You mean to tell me you have been kissing Okuyasu all this time--"

"It's been barely over a month!" Josuke interrupted.

"And you are in love with him, and you haven't done a thing to actually ask him out? I didn't raise a coward!" Tomoko put her hands on her hips.

"Moooom! It's just... what if he doesn't feel the same. I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"Apparently I raised not only a coward but a dumbass too." She rubbed her temples. "I've seen that boy give you looks since I met him. And I know you returned those looks. I thought last night you stopped being idiots and confessed! You certainly didn't care that your friends and your own mother saw you!"

Josuke flinched. "I didn't notice everybody saw us."

"I guess you were too busy checking each other's tonsils."

Josuke fell backwards on his bed with the pillow over his face. Tomoko could heard his muffled screams. After a full 10 seconds, he pushed the pillow aside and looked at his mother forlornly. "What should I do now?"

"Well confess of course, you big baby. I'm telling you there's no way that boy will say "no" to you." Tomoko knocked her son's head lightly. "Now get up and get ready so I can feed you." And with that she left him alone with his thoughts.

Twenty minutes later he was ready to eat, and then the doorbell rang. Josuke sighed and moved to open the door.

It was Okuyasu.

He also looked freshly showered and was wearing nice clothes. Some sort of ripped jeans and summer sweater combo. Either all Okuyasu's clothes have suddenly shrunk lately, or his bro have been seriously working out a lot. He was looking at Josuke with a fierce stare and light blush on his cheeks. Then suddenly, he bowed.

"Please go out with me, Josuke! I talked to Koichi and Yukako, and for some reason Rohan was there too, and they made me realise I'm in love with you. I mean, I know I love you, I've always had, but now I know I'm in love with you. And I might not me the best looking or the smartest, but I think we fit great together and we understand each other perfectly and our kisses are getting better and better we are this close to become pro and I really really love you. Please go out with me, Josuke!"

After he blurted his feelings, he raised his head a little to look at Josuke's reaction, but kept the bow. Josuke was looking down and had some tears in his eyes. Okuyasu gasped and straightened up, ready to apologize.

"I was going to confess tonight, dumbass!" Josuke screamed at him, and then threw himself at a surprised Okuyasu, who barely managed to keep both of them standing up.

"So is that a yes?" Okuyasu mumbled, suddenly shy.

Josuke gave him what Okuyasu will deem their best kiss so far. Both boys were breathless by the end of it. "Of course it is!" He grinned and hugged his new boyfriend tightly.

Tomoko smiled at her stupid boys from the other side of the hall.

Mom's give good advice. 💖