💜The Talk💙

When Josuke was telling Okuyasu about coming out to Tomoko about the two of them, Okuyasu assumed it would be followed up with the saddening confession that sleepovers were off the table. Okuyasu braced himself for the crushing impact; the sad realization that his only escape out of his worn down, freezing home was gone.

Instead, Josuke said, "Anyways, she wants to know if you would prefer yaki udon or temaki ." Okuyasu blinked a few times, while Josuke rambled, "I think she's leaning towards wanting you to say temaki , since it's easier for her, but her yaki udon is sooo good."

"Wait, wait, you told her we're, like, dating, right?" Okuyasu asked, stopping their walk to the courtyard, his bento box swinging in his hand.

Josuke stopped to stare at him, seemingly confused. "Uh, yeah?"

"And she's okay with me coming over still?"

Josuke nodded, before processing the anxiety written on his boyfriend's face. He stepped closer to put his hands on Okuyasu's shoulders, before gently saying, "Okuyasu, you know my mom adores you. I mean, I'm sure she's a little weirded out by the fact that we're both guys, but it's not her business. I'm sure she's much happier knowing we're together rather than going into the city and putting ourselves at risk with strangers."

Okuyasu could feel his eyes start to well up, the feeling of warmth from Josuke's words feeling his chest. Josuke was right; Tomoko cared about him. Josuke cared about him. People cared about him. He nodded, before sniffling and mumbling, "Yeah, you're right."

Josuke wiped at the tears that fell down Okuyasu's face. "Don't cry, bro. Besides, she probably figured something was goin' on anyways... You're kinda loud."

Josuke had to jump out of the way of the (semi) playful punch that was heading for his shoulder.

***

Despite the conversation they had, Okuyasu was still freaking out a little bit when he rang the doorbell to the Higashikata household on Saturday morning. He could hear Tomoko call out to Josuke on the other side of the door, before she opened it, a wide smile on her face. "Okuyasu, dear! Did you eat breakfast? I have some set for you. Come in, come in." She stepped out of the way as Okuyasu mumbled the traditional " Gomen kudasai. "

The sleepover went like any other the boys had held in the past year or so - Okuyasu made small talk with Ms. Higashikata while Josuke finished up his hair upstairs. They ate breakfast, and then Okuyasu and Josuke would play games for hours on end in the living room, only taking a break for the lunch and dinner Tomoko made them.

After dinner, things deviated from the usual.

Usually, after dinner, Josuke would power down the N64, and the two would head upstairs to hang out in Josuke's room. However, after Okuyasu and Josuke thanked Ms. Higashikata for the meal, and got ready to go upstairs, she asked for the two to stay seated. The panic returned to Okuyasu's chest as he sat in the chair, glancing over at Josuke, who looked just as scared as he did.

"Now, I want to start off saying that I am so happy for you boys, and I thank you for telling me. This is not to embarrass either of you - I just want you to both be safe." Okuyasu glanced at Josuke again, and could see the color drain from his face.

They both watched as Tomoko reached over to the purse she had sitting in the chair beside her, and pulled out a small box. She placed it on the table and pushed it a bit towards the two of them, before opening the box to reveal it's contents.

Condoms. And a bottle of lube.

"Mom, please, no ," Josuke begged, only to be received with a hand raised to silence him.

"No, don't give me that. I don't want either of you to hurt yourselves."

Okuyasu wondered if the gods would answer his prayers this time and let the ground swallow him whole.

"At the bottom, here, there's a pamphlet I found. I know it's taboo , but you could both seriously injure yourselves if you're not careful. Please read it, for my sake."

"Mom, I think I'm actually going to die of embarrassment if you don't stop this now." Okuyasu silently agreed.

"No, you won't, you big drama queen. You two are 17 year old boys - I've met 17 year olds. I know you're going to do things anyways, and it will ease my conscience to at least know I at least tried to keep you both safe."

Before Josuke could say anything, Okuyasu blurted out, "Thank you, Miss Higashikata. I am so sorry."

Tomoko smiled gently, before saying, "Don't be sorry. There's no one I know that I'd rather have Josuke messing around with."

" Mom ."

"Okay, okay," Tomoko conceded, "Fine. You two can go now. Take this with you." She closed the box the... stuff was in, and Josuke hurriedly grabbed it before sprinting upstairs, nearly falling in his slippers. Okuyasu bowed to Ms. Higashikata before awkwardly following Josuke.

Okuyasu found Josuke laying in his bed, his face buried in his pillow. He looked up when Okuyasu closed the door, whining, "Oku, I wanna die after that."

Okuyasu pushed Josuke over and laid himself down on the bed, burying his face in the second pillow, before letting out a muffled scream. He felt Josuke pat him on the back in sympathy.

Later, just as the two were finally calming down from the second worst experience they had shared, they heard the call of Tomoko from the bottom of the stairs.

" Don't forget to read the pamphlet! "

💖
(_\ヽ
  \\ .Λ_Λ.
   \( ˇωˇ) 
    > ⌒ヽ💖
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ💖
  / /💖
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\💖
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
'ノ )   Lノ💖
(_

Cha Cha Real Smooth