💜 After 💙

The lights in the large white waiting room hummed in the silence. Everything felt like it stood still. Maybe Star Platinum has been activated. No one really knew. Okuyasu paced the room. He held himself tightly, keeping his tears at bay to the best of his ability.

It had been several hours since the fight with Kira. Josuke had been wounded. Badly. Unfortunately, Crazy Diamond couldn't do anything, so it was up to the medics and doctors who had arrived on the scene to take care of him. No one except Josuke, Okuyasu and Hayato really knew what happened. They had to come up with some form of excuse for the doctors: Josuke had gotten into a bad fight with some teens bullying Hayato, and had gotten himself wrecked in the process. The spikes in his leg and stomach were from being thrown off the stairs. The doctors were skeptical, but they seemed to buy it. Yoshikage Kira remained anonymous. He was just a random passerby who had tried to stop the fight and ended up in the midst of an accident.

Okuyasu was stuck in his own headspace. He looked around at the others sitting in the room, waiting for the news on Josuke along with him. Koichi and Jotaro sat next to each other. Koichi stared down at the floor, fear obviously plastered across his face. Jotaro had his hat tipped down, arms crossed over his chest. Okuyasu knew that it meant he was upset. Rohan sat across from them a few feet away. It was surprising to see him here, but he looked impatient, a look of worry that he seemed to be attempting to force off his face. He was avoiding eye contact with everyone, looking straight ahead at the door leading to the hospital rooms. Mr. Joestar sat next to Jotaro, his attention on the invisible baby asleep in his hands. He was obviously trying to distract himself from the thought of his son being hurt.

The rest of the crowd had the same worry across their faces. There was Yukako, Mikitaka, Tonio, Tamami, Hazamada, Yuuya, and finally Tomoko. The only person that wasn't present was Hayato. As much as he wanted to come, everyone decided that it was for his own good to go home and protect his mother. Okuyasu promised him that he would update him as soon as he could.

Jotaro had taken it upon himself to bring Tomoko into light of the situation. He knew that he couldn't lie to her anymore, so he had to explain everything to her. She sat away from Mr. Joestar under Jotaro's request. She was quietly sobbing as Yukako comforted her. Having another woman with her seemed to help. Mr. Joestar snuck glances towards her, but would quickly turn his attention back to Shizuka in his arms. As much as Tomoko wanted to sit by Mr. Joestar, Jotaro refused for her own good.

Okuyasu continued to walk back and forth between the chairs, hugging himself tightly. His feet and legs were hurting from pacing, but he had way too much anxious energy to be able to sit down. His best friend was possibly dying because of him. Josuke had rescued him back there, and he wasn't about to let him die like that.

Okuyasu couldn't wait any longer. He grumbled loudly to himself. "What's takin' so long?" His voice came out shaky. He noticed Koichi jump at the sudden noise in the pin-drop silent room. "I- I'm sure they're just... taking things slow," he croaked out, looking back down at the floor again, "... they need to do things slow so as n-not to hurt him, r-right?" His stuttering voice quivered under his breath. Okuyasu felt bad for him, especially since it had only been a few weeks that Koichi knew about stands. He only had Echoes for a short while, unlike himself and a few others around him who had theirs longer. This must've been a lot for him.

Okuyasu sighed loudly, still pacing up and down the rows of chairs. "Well, they need to take things slower, faster," he looked up at the clock, which had just turned about 8:30 p.m. "He needs to be okay faster!"

"Can't you just wait a little longer?" Rohan's voice suddenly piped up, aggravated and anxious. "Koichi's right, these things take time. Something you don't seem to have."