💜Big Bro Keichou💙

✨This is a Keichou Nijimura lives AU (thought we needed some of this to mix it up). ✨

"Hey Bro?"

Keicho looked up from the old journal of their father's he was reading, turning around in his chair to face his younger brother.

"Yes?"

"Um... I need some advice..." Okuyasu lingered in the doorway, looking sheepish. Keicho could only wonder what it was Okuyasu was coming to him for advice about, considering that in Keicho's mind, Oku was already doing much better in life than he had at that age.

"I'll do my best to give it. What's up?" He replied. Okuyasu smiled a little, walking into Keicho's room and sitting down on his bed.

"Uh... Like, theoretically... If there was someone I like... Liked, y'know... How would I... Tell them?" Okuyasu's cheeks were pink, and Keicho took a deep breath. He really had no idea why Okuyasu was looking to him for advice with this; neither of them had ever dated anyone before, but Keicho supposed it was natural for Oku to look to his older brother for advice. Keicho racked his brain, letting out a long sigh.

"I guess it depends. Who is it? If you want to tell me, that is." Keicho probed, crossing his arms across his chest. He already had a feeling he knew who it was Okuyasu had a crush on, but he wanted to ask to be sure.

"Oh! Um... Well... Y-You know... Um... How I've been hanging around with Josuke lately?" He didn't wait for an answer, pushing ahead before he lost his nerve, "Well I realized that he's really cool... and funny... and handsome... and like, we get along really well... And he makes me really happy when I'm with him... And I wanna hold his hand and take him to get ice cream and..." Okuyasu trailed off, his face bright red now. "I just really like him, Bro. I like him a lot and I wanna tell him." Keicho hummed, smiling a little bit. He had figured it was Josuke: the boy who Okuyasu was always running off to hang out with. Of course he had to fall for the guy who kicked both their asses when they met, but Keicho didn't have any animosity towards Josuke. He respected that he was able to beat them. And he was willing to put aside his pride for Okuyasu's sake; he deserved to have a friend his age after all these years.

"I'm happy for you." Keicho said, looking at his brother fondly. "You've really grown up, you know that? I forget sometimes that you're not still a kid, but that's because you're my brother. You'll always be a kid to me." He reached over, messing up Oku's tiny pomp, making the younger Nijimura cringe.

"You're getting off topic..." Okuyasu said, clearly wanting an answer more than a heart-to-heart.

"Sorry. Anyway, you know Josuke better than I do. You know what he likes, right? You don't have to make a big show of confessing, I don't think. He seems happy enough just being around you."

"You think so?"

"Definitely. And I'm sure he'll accept your confession. I see the way he looks at you. He's probably thinking of how to tell you too."

"Really?" Okuyasu perked up, grinning widely.

"Of course. Anyone would be lucky to have you. You're a great person. And the two of you have already gotten so close in such a short time. It's a safe bet he likes you back." Keicho stood up, and moved to sit down next to his brother, putting a hand on Okuyasu's shoulder. "I think you should just go for it. I can't say I'm the best to be asking for advice, considering I've never dated anyone before, but I'm glad you came to me. You should take him somewhere quiet and maybe buy him a coffee. Just sit and talk with him and say there's something you wanna tell him. And then just... go for it, I guess." Keicho was mostly taking this from what he'd seen on TV, but Okuyasu didn't seem to notice (or maybe he just didn't mind).

"Yeah... Yeah! You're right! I'm gonna go right now!" The younger boy beamed, throwing his arms around his older brother and hugging him tight. "Thanks for the advice, Bro. You're the best." Keicho felt his heart melt. Okuyasu had always been abundantly full of love for everything and everyone, but it still made Keicho happy when he had moments like this with Okuyasu. It made him feel like... they were a family. Sure, they were two teenage boys taking care of their slime monster father, but it was moments like this that Keicho felt like there was a chance of them living a normal, happy life. It was a good feeling, one that he cherished after so many years of pain and heartbreak. He hugged Okuyasu back, gently at first, but squeezing tighter as his emotions flooded through him. If the hug had gone on any longer, he probably would have cried, but Oku pulled away and jumped up just before that point. He beamed at his older brother, excitedly running to the door to get properly dressed and get his shoes on to go talk to Josuke.

"Hold on!" Keicho called, making Okuyasu stop and turn around.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"You two better use protection." Keicho smiled playfully as Okuyasu groaned.

"Gross... You're not supposed to know about that stuff." The younger smiled a little too.

"I'm older than you."

"Yeah, but you're not supposed to know that I know about it."

"Whatever. Just go. There's some money on the kitchen table. Have fun and be safe on your walk over." Keicho said, his paternal instincts coming back to him.

"I will! Thanks!" Okuyasu started to walk out again, but turned to look at his older brother one last time. "Hey, Keicho?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For everything. I love you." He smiled again, looking at his brother admiringly.

"I love you too, dumbass. Now go tell that to Josuke." Keicho wouldn't admit it, but after Okuyasu left, he felt a lump rise in his throat. Maybe a normal life really wasn't out of the question anymore.

Keichou is a good Big Bro 💚 (at least that's how I wanted him to be like, Okuyasu deserves to have a good brother).