💜 Peace and Love 💙

It was just an ordinary day: Tomoko was out and Josuke and Okuyasu were lying on the couch and they'd turned on the tv and the Nintendo 64.

Okuyasu was resting his head on Josuke's stomach while he watched him playing... Wait, he wasn't playing with him?

He didn't know what was going on with himself that day, but he didn't want to play. He'd rather watch Josuke trying to beat the same level over and over again. He wasn't doing it out of spite or anything like that – but maybe he would've made fun of his poor skills later – but he was simply feeling a bit down.

That day he woke up with the thought that he'd let Josuke – his best friend and, recently, boyfriend – get beaten up so badly that he had to stay at the hospital until a few days before.

A month had passed since the Kira accident, and the boys still thought about it.

Okuyasu remembered that, when Josuke came back to his senses, the first thing he did was crying, and Okuyasu didn't understand why.

He said that he'd died, that he'd died and that he hadn't been able to do anything about it, but Okuyasu still didn't understand. He was there, how could he be dead?

The only one who had to apologize was him.

He hadn't be able to protect him from anything.

As always he'd just been – and why could he hear his brother's voice now? – a useless piece of...

Josuke tapped insistently the controller's keys; his tongue was a bit out, almost as if he wanted to bite it. He probably looked ridiculous considering how serious he was about the game but hey, it was a serious matter! He had to beat that level and nothing could stop him... apart seeing Okuyasu being so down.

Josuke had noticed that there was something wrong way before that moment but he didn't want to ask. If Okuyasu didn't want to talk about it Josuke wasn't going to force him, but now he was starting to be even more worried than before.

Usually they were able to always play together, even when they were tired or there was something bothering them which, ultimately, was usually the case. After all, only a month had passed since that... thing.

He couldn't stop thinking about it. He woke up at night fearing that Okuyasu wasn't there anymore, and he was able to calm down only because he started to stay the night with him.

He remembered everything of that day.

He shook his head, trying to regain control on his virtual avatar, but it exploded in thousands of pixels.

It exploded. Just like Okuyasu's body that day. You couldn't save him, Josuke.

"Do you really think you deserve him?".

- Hey, bro -, he started, trying to make the voices in his head shut up.

- You look down. What's wrong? -.

So he noticed, huh?

Okuyasu raised his head and he met Josuke's gaze.

"He's so pretty... Why does he waste his time with me?".

- Um... -, he started to reply, assuming a sitting position. He was able to think better if he wasn't stuck with Josuke but still he couldn't find the right words to say.

He wasn't good at expressing his feelings, mostly because he'd always been forced to keep them for himself, or else they would've attacked him. Who could ever do that?

Well, his father – for starters – then Keicho and, who knew, maybe one day even Josuke would snap at his antics.

No, it wasn't true.