💜 Your not dumb Oku 💙

✨It's sad Okuyasu time~✨

"do you even use your brain? wait, i forgot , you don't have one"
that's all he ever hears.
since his mother died, okuyasu wasn't only physically but also verbally abused by his dad and keicho.
they would call him things like 'stupid' 'useless' and so on, poor boy never knew why.
yes, okuyasu is known for not making the most efforts to think logically or straight but nobody really questioned it and just plainly calls him stupid. but really, okuyasu doesn't know how to think correctly. how to react to situations. how to act properly. somehow, he got used to his mushy brain and the comments, but that doesn't mean they don't hurt him.

it's now barely one year after the events with kira and a hot summer in morioh.
josuke and okuyasu are sitting at the kitchen table of the higashikata household, doing homework. or at least trying in okuyasu's case.
while josuke eagerly scribbled down the answers, okuyasu got distracted by something and just stared into nothingness, unfocused and disconnected.
"...yasu!", josuke pushed him lightly.
okuyasu quickly focused again. embarrassed he turned his attention towards his homework again, not making eye contact with his best friend.
"god okuyasu! you're such a stupid fucking boy! no wonder your grades are so bad if you can't fucking concentrate for one second!" okuyasu remebered the things keicho used to say.

josuke wasn't oblivious. he knew something's wrong with okuyasu since they got closer. oku always tells him that keicho used to be the decision maker after his dad turned to...whatever he is now. apparently okuyasu doesn't really know how to care for himself now and that's the reason he gets so overwhelmed so suddenly but josuke knows there's more to it.
his best friend isn't dumb. he is creative, unique, maybe not the best thinker because what does it even mean to think good? okuyasu always has the best ideas for their sleepovers. the best cooking skills in whole morioh (well, josuke likes to say this). the most unique and funniest jokes, he comes up with himself and also a quite nice clothing taste. overall, he just never fails to make him smile.

after seeing oku so distressed, josuke put his pen down and turned towards the smaller boy. okuyasu didn't make eye contact, but put his pen down as well. he looked scared, maybe he had flashbacks?

"what's up, oku?", the pompadoured teen asked, clearly worried.
okuyasu clenched his hand around the pen tightly, almost breaking it. he was biting his lips to the point of bleeding and josuke could see how teary his eyes are.

"i'm sorry josuke....i didn't mean to. i don't want to be...i'm not dumb", he mumbled loud enough for the other teen to hear. the tears were now flowing freely and oku put his head down as an effort to not embarrass himself even more.

josuke silently pulled him into a hug. he said nothing and just let his best friend cry and mumble stuff into his shoulder. gently, he stroked oku's hair and put a small kiss on his forehead occasionally.

"you're not dumb, you know?"
okuyasu stopped sobbing but still hid himself in the taller teens shoulder.
"you don't have to say that just to make me feel better, josuke...."

suddenly okuyasu was pulled out of the embrace so him and josuke were face to face.
"okuyasu nijimura, if you call yourself dumb one more time! as your best bro forever i can't stand you being so harsh to yourself! give yourself some credit man you're the most beautiful, funny, creative and amazing person in this whole universe. i love you so much dude you won't believe it!", josuke partially screamed at the other male. said one started crying again.

"i don't deserve you, josuke", oku whimpered and got pulled into another hug again.
this time, josuke gave him a big kiss on his forehead. when he pulled back a small 'pop' could be heard.

"why do you keep kissin' me bro", oku asked and looked up. josuke hurriedly looked away with a small blush on his cheeks.

"i don't know, thought you might like it but uhh nevermind, just forget it..."
oku quickly grabbed both of his hands and smiled shyly. "i wouldn't mind if ya did it again you know...feels pretty nice.."

josuke looked at him with wide eyes. "really? uh i mean yeah i guess i could do it again, bro"
okuyasu, who expected another kiss on his forehead instead felt pressure on his lips.

josuke pulled back quickly, so oku had no time to react. "uh...that wasn't my forehead", oku mumbled and touched his lips where his best friends used to be seconds ago.

"i know", was the only thing josuke replied before leaning in again and this time oku kissed back.

it wasn't a make out session. josuke gently cupped oku's scarred cheeks and sometimes pulled back from the kiss to pepper said cheeks with small kisses, making the smaller teen blush furiously.

"man, josuke i don't deserve you, honestly, why are you so kind to me. i'm just some ret-" and before oku could finish this sentence, josuke planted another kiss on his lips and said:" my boyfriend is the kewlest and sweetest and smartest person in the world!"
"aww josuke....wait, boyfriend?"

lets just say, i didn't take okuyasu too long to understand what josuke was implying. eventually both of their lips felt numb from kissing each other and maybe now oku doesn't think he's so dumb after all and if he does, his new boyfriend is there to prove him otherwise.

Bruh

this

melted

my

💖